Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I think some cashiers just enjoy being dicks about stuff like that. I mean why the f**k can't he just go to the car and get the ID?!

There some stupid cow that works in the off license across the road from me who only accepts passports as ID. It's nonsense, I can understand why the majority of places don't like things like student cards, but she claims she can't take driving licenses either.

There some stupid cow that works in the off license across the road from me who only accepts passports as ID. It's nonsense, I can understand why the majority of places don't like things like student cards, but she claims she can't take driving licenses either.

It's likely that this was set by her boss.

It's likely that this was set by her boss.

I doubt it, there are a few other people who work there and they're all fine with driving licenses. I'm fairly certain she's just being awkward for the sake of it.

There was one time I went in and asked if they had a certain flavour of Aftershock (classy, I know). When I told her I would just leave it because they didn't have the one I wanted, she started shouting at me saying I wasn't getting anything anyway because I didn't have any ID, as I was on my way out of the shop. She hadn't even asked if I had any.

Now that I think about it, she's probably actually just insane.

I doubt it, there are a few other people who work there and they're all fine with driving licenses. I'm fairly certain she's just being awkward for the sake of it.

There was one time I went in and asked if they had a certain flavour of Aftershock (classy, I know). When I told her I would just leave it because they didn't have the one I wanted, she started shouting at me saying I wasn't getting anything anyway because I didn't have any ID, as I was on my way out of the shop. She hadn't even asked if I had any.

Now that I think about it, she's probably actually just insane.

:lol: In fairness she does sound like a bit of an oddball.

Well If it had been me, i'd have put your booze to one side, let you go get your ID, but you'd have to re-queue at my checkout.

But the again, i'm a good guy cool.gif

In fairness, almost all cashiers have been sound about IDing that I've encountered, just get the occasional one who is a bit picky.

I have absolutely no problem with getting ID'd because it's the person's job and it means they are doing it well, it's just how unecessarily rude the woman was about it and acting like we'd walked up without ID on person to ruin her day.

In fairness, almost all cashiers have been sound about IDing that I've encountered, just get the occasional one who is a bit picky.

I have absolutely no problem with getting ID'd because it's the person's job and it means they are doing it well, it's just how unecessarily rude the woman was about it and acting like we'd walked up without ID on person to ruin her day.

Well she's IDing both of you, she has no idea who it's for. Should both carry ID if you regularly get asked. How hard is it to carry a driving license in your wallet?

Well she's IDing both of you, she has no idea who it's for. Should both carry ID if you regularly get asked. How hard is it to carry a driving license in your wallet?

That's the thing, I had ID but I had never heard of this law before and since I'd been in with adults and never been asked for ID assumed it'd be fine. I always carry ID with me in my wallet with me but my mate wasn't buying anything so didn't have his wallet on him. I had no problem with the woman IDing us if that's the law, it was her very poor attitude to a customer that was my PTTGOYN.

Just seen the fixture list for next week's games and once again Sevco seem to be pretending to play a European fixture by playing their cup match with Falkirk on the Thursday evening, with the televised game tomorrow, mirroring Hearts' and 'Well's post-Euro fixture.

Getting a bit pathetic if this is going to continue for Sevco's time out of the top flight, or will Elgin, Peterhead and the rest of D3 be playing midweek and Sunday fixtures just like the Glasgow parasites?

Just seen the fixture list for next week's games and once again Sevco seem to be pretending to play a European fixture by playing their cup match with Falkirk on the Thursday evening, with the televised game tomorrow, mirroring Hearts' and 'Well's post-Euro fixture.

Getting a bit pathetic if this is going to continue for Sevco's time out of the top flight, or will Elgin, Peterhead and the rest of D3 be playing midweek and Sunday fixtures just like the Glasgow parasites?

Or maybe it's the fact Celtic are playing at home on the Wednesday night in European action? rolleyes.gif

Don't driving licenses have photo ID on them like your passport? Sounds like the people in the shop are being very picky about it.