Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It's been like that for a few days now. I left it switched off at the wall for a couple of days and when I returned home today the same message appeared. Doesn't appear to be any loose connections.

Hit the top of the box whilst shouting at it. That always does the trick in the Carr household.

It's been like that for a few days now. I left it switched off at the wall for a couple of days and when I returned home today the same message appeared. Doesn't appear to be any loose connections.

It'll be a valve!

But if it isn't, switch the scart lead round, that sometimes works.

My Sky appears to be fucked. Got a message saying no satellite signal is being received. I assume I'm going to have to incur a £90(?) charge to send out an engineer?

If you've had Sky for more than 3 years it'll cost you £40.

Ring 08442414141 when you get a chance. Tell them you're aware it might cost you to have an engineer sent out (and then they won't hang up on you) and they'll do what they can to sort it. If they can't, they'll book the engineer.

Good god, no. "Ah hate mundees" "Ah hate mundeez, choosdeez AND wednzdeez" and "That wans so hard" (wahey) "Ah think we should ask fur help" are examples of their high-quality conversations with each other. dry.gif

Stick yer boaby in their mouth, that will shut them up.

Something that really gets me annoyed twice a year - folk that think they're funny with shite like: "Just saw Carlos Tevez having a white pudding supper on the Gallowgate - must be in town to sign for Celtic"

It was funny the first transfer window. It's not funny any more. Just f**k off.

Stuffy X-Country trains and the 21st century way of showing which seats are reserved on tiny screens. I like to walk along the platform and find an empty seat with no white ticket sticking out the top, not find a near empty coach and board only to find they're all reserved from Dundee / Leuchars. Poor mannie who has to sort out and place the scotrail tickets: I salute you.

On the plus side, bonnie day for the coastal train ride.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Something that really gets me annoyed twice a year - folk that think they're funny with shite like: "Just saw Carlos Tevez having a white pudding supper on the Gallowgate - must be in town to sign for Celtic"

It was funny the first transfer window. It's not funny any more. Just f**k off.

I agree they're mostly shite, but I liked one from twitter last night:

"Michael Owen signs for Holby City."

It really bothers me when somebody has a dig at a player for losing out in a footrace to an opposition player who's faster than he is.

Pace is like height. There's f**k all you can do about it. Nobody shouts at a player for losing a header to a guy who's a foot taller than him.

Lack of effort I can entirely understand, but when someone is clearly busting a gut and loses out because he's not quick, it boils my piss.

Before becoming a tax-dodging b*****d, I used to avoid work nights out like the clap. Almost always you will get someone who makes a rip roaring c**t of themself (probably me if I went), you piss your fellow workmates off and you have a heavy dose of the fear for weeks afterwards. I worked in a place that would have team bonding nights out every couple of months. As most people went, they offered double time the following day for those who didn't go, or who still fancied a shift whilst hungover. The stories the following day were always brilliant, including one wee ned boy trying to chat up the MD's wife (Christmas night out). Amazingly, he didn't get the sack, or his hole.

You have to have work "mates" first Keith ;)

Petty thing on my nerves this last we while is a cough. Had it for a few weeks, went to the docs who basically said there is nothing wrong as my chest and everything else is all fine. Told me to take paracetamol which is doing f**k all as if anything it will be a virus that will go away itself. Its not going away n my coughing is pretty bad. :(

Wife and I had that recently. We found we a we bit of cough medicine it went away.

Edited by Gaz

Having someone make you leave a club early for an 'afterparty' which you need to get a £10 taxi just to get to a flat which happens to be 'dry' (well, one can of strongbow split between 7 tea cups), then having to get a £20 taxi home. Very, very, VERY unimpressed.