Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Around 15 minutes. And i've since found out that we could have had the stuff ready beforehand. My assistant manager, who took the payment earlier in the day, was told by the customer that he would be in later to collect the stuff. But he forgot to tell us that...

So for the sake of 15 minutes you delivered horrendous customer service, lost a potential regular customer and got yourself wound up in the process.

Sounds like you need a new job.

One post from Philpy and the thread comes alive! :thumsup2 No wonder he's such a poplar boy.

Rotten at puns - actually had to steal that from someone else :ph34r:

My office is already making arrangements for a Christmas night out

It's July.

They kinda have to. I've worked at places that were scrambling around in September to find somewhere that wasn't already booked up. I get the impression that a lot of offices, assuming they were happy with the place, immediately book ahead for the next Christmas.

It does speak volumes that this is the primary concern in a lot of people's minds, however.

Well in my opinion, you're a daft, lazy, incompetent fool. Stop moaning about having to do your job and get a fucking grip.

Matty, please stop talking in riddles and say what you mean.

Guest The Phoenix

Philpy - answer me this...

Two customers come in at 4:55.

Only you are available to serve them.

The first customer asks for something that you know will take 5 minutes.

Do you tell the second customer to leave because it will be closing time before you can serve him?

Tell you what, instead of me answering that one, let's just leave it at that, yeah? I've met you and had a drink with you, one of the (few) good guys from here, we've both said our pieces. At the end of the day, I've found out that a member of the staff failed to relay a simple message, a message that could have saved a bit of hassle.