Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I seen Martin Lewis (the money saving expert) talking on TV about this a couple of weeks ago. I think he worked out something like a 60% saving between Edinburgh and London by staggering the journey via a few different stations/routes whilst only adding about 40 mins extra onto the journey time.

Best of it is you don't need to change trains - providing the train calls at all the stages you've bought tickets to you can travel straight through. Pain in the arse to walk about with a stack of tickets like a deck of cards, but if you're travelling on the day you're buying them it works out a fucksight cheaper.

Toothache.

After an afternoon of tests, examinations and xrays at the dentist, apparently I don't have toothache. I do, however, have stress related muscle pain in my face, eye socket, neck, head and back, most probably due to grinding my teeth and chewing my fingers at work. Being told to de-stress by a dentist. Gives new meaning to the term "face ache" I suppose.

Mind blown by all this train ticket malarkey.

Will be spending a bit of time doing research from now on.

Is there a website that calculates this stuff for you automatically?

I don't know about a website but there is a app. It's called Tickety split. No really, it is. It was developed by Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert team.

The DVLA site to renew your 'tax'..

Simpler. Better. Safer. (according to them).

Aye right!

'Cannot connect' on IE or Firefox..

Silly me, It'll be my fault for not applying (giving them the cash) earlier... <_<

Wasn't just me about to launch the fucking thing.

Use our beta site, put in 16 digit code and... No button to move to next page, ok use old site - nope doesn't fucking work.

After an afternoon of tests, examinations and xrays at the dentist, apparently I don't have toothache. I do, however, have stress related muscle pain in my face, eye socket, neck, head and back, most probably due to grinding my teeth and chewing my fingers at work. Being told to de-stress by a dentist. Gives new meaning to the term "face ache" I suppose.

I had that when I was a kid. Fucking brutal. Had to wear a mouth guard type thing at night. Still, not had it for 25 years * touch wood *.

:lol:

"Here's my solution to your stress.

Stop being stressed".

When you can't feel your phone in your pocket, panic for a couple of seconds and then realise that you're actually holding the thing in your hand. :(

Even better; spend ages ferreting around for your glasses, only to realise that you've been wearing them the whole time :wacko:

Let me know if you find a solution to that, willya?

I don't know about a website but there is a app. It's called Tickety split. No really, it is. It was developed by Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert team.

Awesome!

...now I just need a phone :P

Guest The Phoenix

Even better; spend ages ferreting around for your glasses, only to realise that you've been wearing them the whole time :wacko:

Following laser eye surgery three years ago I've not worn glasses but at least once a day I still put my hand up to take them off.

Following laser eye surgery three years ago I've not worn glasses but at least once a day I still put my hand up to take them off.

A guy at work had laser surgery, he saw his wife clearly for the first time in years, they're divorced now.