Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who put their carry on luggage on the floor under their seat instead of under the seat infront. I paid for my leg room you w**ker, if you want hand luggage YOU should lose out.....oh and if you are that p***k that was on the Orlando to Manchester flight, I hope your laptop snapped when I booted f**k out of it - thet'll teach you. :angry:

Were you flying in an antiquated biplane? Every craft I've been on in the last year has had seats designed to prevent this.

Further, you could just have leaned over the seat and asked the guy to move his laptop. He/she probably wasn't aware you were in any discomfort.

Only once in the course of a flight have I had a disagreeable experience with another passenger. The key is simply not to be a cock about it. Try it :rolleyes:

The rest of your rant mostly makes you come across as a total nob'ed btw. Oh no, kids running around in an airport terminal :rolleyes: Who gives a f**k? Just go and sit somewhere else. Unless the airport's a tin shed in a cornfield somewhere there is always somewhere else to go.

Kids misbehaving on the plane itself is different, of course, but man, it's a fuckin airport, it's boring as hell for them, if they're being a bit boisterous then who actually gives a f**k?

Edited by Swampy

Further, you could just have leaned over the seat and asked the guy to move his laptop. He/she probably wasn't aware you were in any discomfort.

Only once in the course of a flight have I had a disagreeable experience with another passenger. The key is simply not to be a cock about it. Try it :rolleyes:

And that was one voice. Let me counter with:

He deserved it, what a tit! You should have done more, for occasions like these, you need a small electromagnet to run over his laptop and erase his data, problem solved!

You should also have run amok and slaughtered all the kids, sort of like a bigger scale version of Gerry McCann and maddy!

Airports are great fun, no-one should be bored there.

Ever been in one that isn't an International one? They suck ass! I got stuck at Paris Beauvais for 13 hours last year and the only way to relieve the boredom was to play 'wally' with a stress ball.

Stuck in Pisa with a girl I hated for 8 hours in March and the only way to get over that was to drink. Well, scrub that one, it made for an amusing flight.

Also one in Alicante last year when I got delayed for 9 hours on my own and the only joy came 2 hours later when the staff gave some kids a football. I proceeded to join in, only for a kid to kick it over a wall.

In short, airports suck!

Guest The Phoenix
Only once in the course of a flight have I had a disagreeable experience with another passenger. The key is simply not to be a cock about it.

What is your suggestion for the 7 hour transatlantic flight spent sitting next to a smelly fat b*****d who took his shoes off? :(:unsure:

Absolutely. Got stuck in Munster airport and it was hell! :lol:

Although its an international one, I got stuck in Kuwait airport once. Entirely covered with pink, not that much to do, and being held at riflepoint when you set off the metal detector is great fun. <_<

Were you flying in an antiquated biplane? Every craft I've been on in the last year has had seats designed to prevent this.

The rest of your rant mostly makes you come across as a total nob'ed btw. Oh no, kids running around in an airport terminal :rolleyes: Who gives a f**k? Just go and sit somewhere else. Unless the airport's a tin shed in a cornfield somewhere there is always somewhere else to go.

Kids misbehaving on the plane itself is different, of course, but man, it's a fuckin airport, it's boring as hell for them, if they're being a bit boisterous then who actually gives a f**k?

...and you think I sound like a cock... :rolleyes:

I was in a Boeing 747-400 in row 58 where the 3-4-3 config changes to 2-4-2 given extra width to the seats closest to the window. The arsehole with the laptop slipped it into the space between his seat and the wall which was effectively MY legroom. He was also in direct contravention of FAA rules in that his carry on luggage was not secured under the seat infront of him. He was the cock....a broken laptop will hopefully ensure that he's learned his lesson. The knob actually turned to moan about it, saw my face and backed down very quickly moving the bag under the seat infront of him. There was no confrontation....and it made me feel good.

Misbehaving kids anywhere are a fucking pain in the arse, but what really is worse is when their lazy arsed parents do absolutely f**k all about it. I've got two kids - they aren't allowed to misbehave. I only expect that other people do as I do.

Guest The Phoenix

I read that as Monster Airport. :lol:

I was stranded in transit as Memphis Airport last year for 6 hours.

Nothing to do or see or eat or drink - there was a catering strike on. :(

Fortunately I had no laces or a razor blade.

What is your suggestion for the 7 hour transatlantic flight spent sitting next to a smelly fat b*****d who took his shoes off? :(:unsure:

Take a sleeping pill.

Small airports really do suck!

Argh, did some manky fucker do that too :angry: Wait till he's off the plane and drive over the b*****d in your hire car....hey it's tricky trying to master the foot brake, automatic gears and driving on the right....who would believe it was anything other than a tragic accident.

You've just reminded me of something else that pissed me off.....another old w**ker who actually waited until the plane landed in Orlando before filling out his immigration waiver form. I mean they only gave the fucking things out at check in, and reminded everyone about it TWICE on the flight.

The sooner I get a private plane the better.... :lol:

I was in a Boeing 747-400 in row 58 where the 3-4-3 config changes to 2-4-2 given extra width to the seats closest to the window. The arsehole with the laptop slipped it into the space between his seat and the wall which was effectively MY legroom. He was also in direct contravention of FAA rules in that his carry on luggage was not secured under the seat infront of him. He was the cock....a broken laptop will hopefully ensure that he's learned his lesson. The knob actually turned to moan about it, saw my face and backed down very quickly moving the bag under the seat infront of him. There was no confrontation....and it made me feel good.

Misbehaving kids anywhere are a fucking pain in the arse, but what really is worse is when their lazy arsed parents do absolutely f**k all about it. I've got two kids - they aren't allowed to misbehave. I only expect that other people do as I do.

If its any consolation, Im with you lawstud! I hope you really broke the laptop good and proper.

In fact, I'm pretty sure there will be posts on here from me from when I got stuck. I had about €5 in change, so I used it in the internet cafe. Bought me about 20 minutes. :lol: Then I had a coffee from a machine, finished my book, wandered round and round and still had 2 hours until the bus to the train station left. Then I had to wait at the train station for another hour for the train to Braunschweig! Nightmare!

Don't invite Monster on holiday then.

:lol: So if he was breaking FAA rules why didn't you wait until you were over American waters then alert the undercover sky marshal? :rolleyes: Or just tell one of the cabin crew? Or better yet just ask him?

While I tend to use the seat in front of me, had you broken my laptop I wouldn't have given a f**k about the state of your face, I'd have owned you via the insurance industry B) (Also, the odds of your actualy having broken it are astoundingly slim if his laptop wasn't made out of rice paper. I've dropped two laptops and both continued to work fine.)

I don't think running around being boisterous is misbehaving but, of course, I didn't see the full extent of their dread crimes.

What is your suggestion for the 7 hour transatlantic flight spent sitting next to a smelly fat b*****d who took his shoes off? sad.gif unsure.gif

Man up and ask him to put his shoes on, or just deal with it.

Edited by Swampy

:lol: So if he was breaking FAA rules why didn't you wait until you were over American waters then alert the undercover sky marshal? :rolleyes: Or just tell one of the cabin crew? Or better yet just ask him?

While I tend to use the seat in front of me, had you broken my laptop I wouldn't have given a f**k about the state of your face, I'd have owned you via the insurance industry B) (Also, the odds of your actualy having broken it are astoundingly slim if his laptop wasn't made out of rice paper. I've dropped two laptops and both continued to work fine.)

I don't think running around being boisterous is misbehaving but, of course, I didn't see the full extent of their dread crimes.

Man up and ask him to put his shoes on, or just deal with it.

I booted his bag over American land...we were flying back from Orlando. Try and keep up. Your a brave man though Swampy, you'd have owned me through an insurance company....hmmm...tough guy. I hope I don't meet you on a dark night. Jesus I'd be absolutely bricking it.

Perhaps his laptop isn't broken, but it makes me feel much better to think that it's smashed into little peices. Certainly the sound the whole thing made as I repeatedly booted into it made me feel a great deal better and I got the desired result as the bag and what remained of his laptop sat under the seat infront of him for the rest of that seven hour flight.

Running around being boisterous is a hanus crime. If the parents can't deal with it shoot the whole fucking family. :angry:

I booted his bag over American land...we were flying back from Orlando. Try and keep up. Your a brave man though Swampy, you'd have owned me through an insurance company....hmmm...tough guy. I hope I don't meet you on a dark night. Jesus I'd be absolutely bricking it.

Perhaps his laptop isn't broken, but it makes me feel much better to think that it's smashed into little peices. Certainly the sound the whole thing made as I repeatedly booted into it made me feel a great deal better and I got the desired result as the bag and what remained of his laptop sat under the seat infront of him for the rest of that seven hour flight.

Running around being boisterous is a hanus crime. If the parents can't deal with it shoot the whole fucking family. :angry:

Boo fuckin hoo! why did you not just ask him politely to move the laptop, instead of acting the bigman? more to the point, what gives you the right to damage another person's property because it is obstructing you? that would be like me smashing my neighbour's car up if he parked across my drive and expecting to get away with it!!

Edited by philpy

Sorry, my grasp of geography was such that I'd foolishly envisioned a vast ocean somewhere between Florida and Great Britain, and that a plane may wish to cross it at some point whilst traveling between the two. :rolleyes:

I am additionally very sorry if I'd rather, y'know, get my laptop actually fixed with money than pick a fight on an aeroplane. I realise that it's not the "tough guy" thing to do but in terms of "having a functioning computer" it's perhaps the lesser evil.

Perhaps his laptop isn't broken, but it makes me feel much better to think that it's smashed into little peices.

That logic is fucking tremendous.

"Well, perhaps I didn't quite run fast enough to be considered for the British Olympic team at the impending Games, but it makes me feel a lot better to imagine breaking 10 seconds in the 100m sprin t."

Certainly the sound the whole thing made as I repeatedly booted into it made me feel a great deal better and I got the desired result as the bag and what remained of his laptop sat under the seat infront of him for the rest of that seven hour flight.

I have never been more convinced that his laptop's absolutely fine, in fact it's quite possibly in a better state than it was when he boarded the plane.

I take it your son's not boisterous when you're supervising his running? :D

Edited by Swampy