Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

All the shite of the day rolls to me. Site guys, architects, clients, owners, designers, engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, building control, banking, tax, accountants, all goes through me. I get to listen to the utter nonsense of everyone involved for only £250,000 per annum*.

*or possibly slightly less.

Has a burger van outside the site, I would reckon.

Has a burger van outside the site, I would reckon.

You know, if it wasn't for the early starts and smell of hot burger fat, I reckon one could make a decent living doing that, especially given how much the b*****ds charge when they've got your undivided attention like at gigs, fitba games, festivals etc.

You know, if it wasn't for the early starts and smell of hot burger fat, I reckon one could make a decent living doing that, especially given how much the b*****ds charge when they've got your undivided attention like at gigs, fitba games, festivals etc.

You may find the 'Insurance' for such businesses can be a bit steep in some areas.

You may find the 'Insurance' for such businesses can be a bit steep in some areas.

I had not considered the outside threats to the business from gangsters and the like. Thanks for setting me straight. I will now give up my dream of owning and operating a manky roll van.

I had not considered the outside threats to the business from gangsters and the like. Thanks for setting me straight. I will now give up my dream of owning and operating a manky roll van.

Being a bankie, surely you're aware of the Dave's Place/Burger van incident on Dumbarton Road?

Went to order my girlfriend something on a website and the website crashed on the payment processing screen. So I looked at my account and there was no orders so I tried it again and the same thing happened so I gave up. Looked at my account a couple days later and there was two orders pending payment. So I emailed them to cancel one, only for them to say that there's no record of the order in their system. This would've been fine, but the funds had been removed from my bank account and so after a few emails back and forth, getting nowhere I contacted my bank who gave me the authorisation number for the payments as the company can find no record of payment. Apparent this was no help and now I'm having to contact Visa to get them to get my money back.

Was it trainers?

I'm afraid you'd need to enlighten me.

Dave of Dave's Place (I don't know if his name's Dave, just assuming) took it upon himself to torch the burger van along the road in an attempt to eliminate the competition. The silly b*****d stood and watched it burn as the police and fire engines turned up. The burger van was old and shitty but insured. Burger van is now huge and does everything from soup to burgers to chilli and is (I assume) absolutely coining it in. Dave is now taking a cold, hard cock up the bum in some hovel of a jail somewhere.

Dave of Dave's Place (I don't know if his name's Dave, just assuming) took it upon himself to torch the burger van along the road in an attempt to eliminate the competition. The silly b*****d stood and watched it burn as the police and fire engines turned up. The burger van was old and shitty but insured. Burger van is now huge and does everything from soup to burgers to chilli and is (I assume) absolutely coining it in. Dave is now taking a cold, hard cock up the bum in some hovel of a jail somewhere.

Poor Dave.