Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sorry sunshine.

Probably won't make you feel any better now, but the dead tend to stick around in your head, if you knew them well enough; you start hearing what they'd have to say about situations, and it's comforting (and helpful, sometimes).

(don't try and make out that I'm the only one, you heartless b*****ds!)

Getting told your gran is unlikely to live beyond September and might be gone just after your birthday.

It's pretty fucking shit to be honest.

I'm not sure what's worse. Being given a rough estimate or dying unexpectedly. In your case the only decent thing* is that you'll have 2/3 months to cherish with her. Whereas in my case I got a text 20 minutes before the end of my nightshift saying it was a matter of time before my nana died (was very much out of the blue) and she died in my arms (literally, as I gave her a cuddle goodnight) around 13 hours later.

Either way, it's a b*****d losing a gran/nana/grandma, whatever you want to call her :( Sorry to hear it bud.

* There's no "decent thing" about it but you know what I mean.

Getting told your gran is unlikely to live beyond September and might be gone just after your birthday.

It's pretty fucking shit to be honest.

Beat's a call in the middle of the night. Spend some time with her.

The wife has a lovely story about when her grandfather died. Don't read, mizfit, as it's not going to cheer you up any.

He'd been ill for some time, and died when they were alone in his bedroom. She had to stay with the body for hours until the mortician (or whoever) came to take it away, as Jews have a thing about how the body mustn't ever be left alone, and all the adults in the family claimed that they were 'too upset' to sit with him. Her mother made her promise to hold his hand the whole time too, so she got to feel him gradually cool down to room temperature. Pretty grim considering she was seven or eight years old at the time. Still has nightmares about it, so that all went swimmingly, but at least the grown-ups were spared a bit of discomfort   <_< 

Wish to f**k I hadn't clicked that spoiler now.

Me too. The rotten thing is, even if Dave had said "Whatever you do - don't click on this spoiler", I would still have clicked on it. 

The wife has a lovely story about when her grandfather died. Don't read, mizfit, as it's not going to cheer you up any.

He'd been ill for some time, and died when they were alone in his bedroom. She had to stay with the body for hours until the mortician (or whoever) came to take it away, as Jews have a thing about how the body mustn't ever be left alone, and all the adults in the family claimed that they were 'too upset' to sit with him. Her mother made her promise to hold his hand the whole time too, so she got to feel him gradually cool down to room temperature. Pretty grim considering she was seven or eight years old at the time. Still has nightmares about it, so that all went swimmingly, but at least the grown-ups were spared a bit of discomfort <_<

Her family were utter fuckin c***s to put her through that.

I'm not sure what's worse. Being given a rough estimate or dying unexpectedly. In your case the only decent thing* is that you'll have 2/3 months to cherish with her. Whereas in my case I got a text 20 minutes before the end of my nightshift saying it was a matter of time before my nana died (was very much out of the blue) and she died in my arms (literally, as I gave her a cuddle goodnight) around 13 hours later.

Either way, it's a b*****d losing a gran/nana/grandma, whatever you want to call her :( Sorry to hear it bud.

* There's no "decent thing" about it but you know what I mean.

I reckon a sudden death is worse for the family but better for the actual person

Went round to my mates for dinner and a few beers watching the football yesterday and some bizarre reason about 8 of us thought it was a good idea to get a taxi to East Kilbride to go to a nightclub. What an absolute full body minter.

(Spoiler removed)

What a set of utter b*****ds. Yet another demonstration of how religion f*cks up the world.

Edited by GordonD

Me too. The rotten thing is, even if Dave had said "Whatever you do - don't click on this spoiler", I would still have clicked on it. 

Well, when he said it was a "lovely story" I didn't know he was being sarcastic. I was expecting a nice tale about a happy farewell, not one about a child being traumatised for life thanks to some primitive superstition.