Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Vapogender: a gender that sort of feels like smoke; can be seen on a shallow level but once you go deeper, it disappears and you are left with no gender and only tiny wisps of what you thought it was

I wonder how many people took the piss and submitted something made up to this list

54 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Vapogender: a gender that sort of feels like smoke; can be seen on a shallow level but once you go deeper, it disappears and you are left with no gender and only tiny wisps of what you thought it was

I wonder how many people took the piss and submitted something made up to this list

I honestly hope so, cause the idea that there are muppets out their who would claim that to be their gender scares the hell out of me. 

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Of couse gender's not a binary thing, but some of those have got to be wind-ups:

Caelgender: a gender which shares qualities with outer space or has the aesthetic of space, stars, nebulas, etc. = bit of a space cadet.

Surgender: having a gender that is 100% one gender but with more of another gender added on top of that A lot of footballers must be this one, as they seem to love "Giving it 110%"

I think whoever made that list up must identify as temporogender, which is a new one I made up for a gender which has the quality of having too much fucking time on its hands.

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Anyone who either chooses or is forced to listen to Clyde 1 on a regular basis can only be infuriated at themselves for committing such crap life decisions. It is literally a radio station for scheme goblins. 

Is that not part of Bauer media? If you have the misfortune of hearing one of their channels during the day, switch to another of their channels (forth 1) and it will be the same song. All their music comes from a central source and all the different presenters are just glorified continuity announcers.

10 minutes ago, philpy said:

The wife listens to "boogie in the morning" on forth 1, I can't stand it. Forced laughs, too much chat, and being told every minute "this is forth one" "live from Edinburgh"

Thats one of the shows that i meant. Thats why he always mentions his "producer" in the studio. He's the guy that tells him when to talk and what song is coming up. They even do it with competitions on each station. Its the same questions being asked by all the different presenters to a single winner that makes you think that they are actually talking to each other.

8 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I think whoever made that list up must identify as temporogender, which is a new one I made up for a gender which has the quality of having too much fucking time on its hands.

HOW DARE YOU ASSIGN GENDER TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!11!!!!!1 YOU HAVE NO RIGHT11!!!!!!!11!1

Calling them a c**t is more than enough.

Does listening to the radio when on the go fairly chew your data usage up? I have gone also gone a couple of years without listening to the radio in the mornings because haven't had a decent docking station to listen through, quite liked boogie in the morning a few years ago!

I've been listening to the BBC World Service a bit in the car recently. My DAB is so complicated and it's the next station to 6 Music so I just flick between the two. They go way over the top to ensure no BBC bias, to the extent I think the producers are trolling. However mundane the subject, they go out of their way to fine the most borderline insane person with the most extreme views on the subject.

"Helen is on the line from our Bristol studio and you are here to tell us cats make great pets. Zardoz, you are in our Baltimore studio and you wish to argue that cats are from the planet Zog and are here to turn us all into cat food". 

8 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

A little part of me dies inside when I switch on the radio expecting Ken Bruce and I hear Zoe fucking Ball instead.

She was pretty good filling in on the 5 Live film programme a couple of times. She said she watched Alien with her kids (they were aged about 7).

28 minutes ago, throbber said:

Does listening to the radio when on the go fairly chew your data usage up? I have gone also gone a couple of years without listening to the radio in the mornings because haven't had a decent docking station to listen through, quite liked boogie in the morning a few years ago!

Boogie and Radio 1?  You're too old for this carry on now. 

Edited by Shandon Par