Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I strongly dislike that Maltesers advert with the wheelchair-bound midget lady. ''I got the best man's number.'' No you didn't, pal.

Could have been possible if the best man was throbber. IMO.

I strongly dislike that Maltesers advert with the wheelchair-bound midget lady. ''I got the best man's number.'' No you didn't, pal.

What about the other one where she implicates wanking a guy off? Can you imagine if it was the other way around and a guy was sitting there with his pals taking about fingering some burd. Triggered.

Every time I hear news reporter Nina Nannar's name mentioned on the news, my brain can't help repeat it in the style of a police car siren. 
Want to poke myself in the eye every time.

I hear it as the opening words / sounds of Whigfield -Saturday Night

On phone and can't add link

1 hour ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Every time I hear news reporter Nina Nannar's name mentioned on the news, my brain can't help repeat it in the style of a police car siren. 

Want to poke myself in the eye every time.

Glad to hear somebody else does this.

Worse was that BBC reporter, Ben Ando. Every time the studio linked to him, I'd find myself singing his name to the opening line of Abba's 'Fernando', while he'd be standing reporting a car bombing, surrounded by burning corpses.  

2 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

My first and last name can be regarded as two first names yet it is obvious from my email address what my first name is.

I will consistently receive emails addressed to my surname or something close to it, which is the best way to make sure your email goes to the bottom of the pile.

I'm in the same boat, annoys the f**k out of me.

7 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Pharmacy shop assistants

1. You're not a doctor

2. You're not the Pharmacist 

3. You're a shop assistant who gets to wear a white tunic

So drop the fucking attitude 

These, and doctors' receptionists.

"I'd like to make an appointment, please"

"What's wrong with you?"

"That's what I'd like a qualified doctor to tell me"

4 minutes ago, Jeek said:

People who say "fair fucks"

On a slightly related subject, I was at work last night and my Kiwi workmate asked me if there was any goods for him to pick up and I said "f**k all", to which he replied "f**k all, or none?" 

When I told him f**k all means none, he said that it means hardly any. 

Those crazy New Zillanders.

You shouldn't be buying burgers in supermarkets. Even the supposedly posh ones are rank, too firm, and have preservatives etc.
Buy some mince, make some nice burgers. Make as many as you want, and the burger bun problem is solved.

I'm alright at cooking but I've never made much of a success of homemade burgers. I find I can't get them firm enough and can't quite get them the flavour I want them to have. I make good pork burgers burgers but for whatever reason homemade beef burgers have never been quite right.

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The key is to use yer hands. Squeeze the mince down to a mush, and be sure to salt it well. Salt binds it so you don't have to use shite like breadcrumbs etc. Mince out the fridge for a while, make the burgers, back in the fridge to "set" then back out the fridge to warm up before cooking.

I also find that sauteing some onion and garlic until soft, then mixing it through the mince, both helps bind the burgers and adds a nice flavour. I've never got on board with this 100% beef thing some folk have with burgers. I sometimes chop a little chilli through them, sometimes add thyme, pretty much always a little garlic will be involved.