Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Two airport related PTTGOYN. 

1) I hate the duty-free shops. It's all shite, and the perfume smells make me feel slightly light-headed and sick.

2) Why the fuck does WH Smith want me to scan my boarding pass to be allowed to buy a f-ing paper and some gum? No-one is sneaking past security to buy overpriced crap in their shitty little shops.

Is the WH Smith not some deal where if you flying abroad they can claim the VAT back, and keeping the difference.Was a big news story last year,

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/the-independents-campaign-pays-off-for-airline-passengers-as-whsmith-hands-back-vat-to-travellers-a7141776.html

Only thing to do as you walk through duty free is try the free samples.

8 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Is the WH Smith not some deal where if you flying abroad they can claim the VAT back, and keeping the difference.Was a big news story last year,

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/the-independents-campaign-pays-off-for-airline-passengers-as-whsmith-hands-back-vat-to-travellers-a7141776.html

Only thing to do as you walk through duty free is try the free samples.

Ah, that passed me by. Still annoys me though.

Was on nightshift last week and sleeping pattern still a bit all over the place so only really fell asleep about half six this morning. Didnae bother me too much as I was on the backshift.

Then the absolute melter I work with phoned me up at half nine to say his computer wasn't working. I asked him why he didn't phone the IT Helpdesk but he said I was usually quite good with computers so he'd try me first.

Cunt. Never got back to sleep.

Also I know fuck all about computers. I'm just the youngest person who works here.

38 minutes ago, Aidan said:

The amount of people in Bolton who can't words like bottle and hospital, and instead say bockle and hospickal. It's probably my least favourite thing about staying here.

I worked in Rochdale for a short time. "Job's a good'un" was funny as first but after the 100th time it got on my nerves.
They also have the opinion that the entirety of Scotland is a lawless bog.

I worked in Rochdale for a short time. "Job's a good'un" was funny as first but after the 100th time it got on my nerves.
They also have the opinion that the entirety of Scotland is a lawless bog.

I had a taxi driver asking me about Scotland at the weekend, and despite spending his life driving through Bolton town centre he is under the impression that everywhere in Scotland is a bit dull.

I'm not keen on square sausage in a fried breakfast. I like my square sausage in a roll, with a tattie scone and fried egg, but I don't like it on a plate for some reason.
If I'm having sausages in a fried breakfast, I like links, ideally something herby like a lincolnshire style sausage. I reckon I could eat both fried and scrambled (and possibly poached, as was the case this morning) in a breakfast, but I guess it would be overkill. I need a lot of mushrooms.
I've picked up the toast and butter thing too. Too much time spent in hotels South of the border. I had a fried slice in Manchester a few weeks ago too. 

The square is for resting the egg on so it doesnt mix with the beans (the white that is, runny yolk n beans is allowed)
A good few links, decent unsmoked bacon.
Mushrooms are a must. Black pudding and haggis are also needed.
Hash browns (as long as they're done right) are a good replacement for tattie scones if none avail.

Sadly i cant get tattie scones, square sausage, decent bacon or breakfast haggis here. Heathens

They also exchange the vowel A for a U. When I first moved there a lad I was working with told me his name was Curl, it was only when he said his dad was a communist & had named him after Karl Marx that I sussed he meant Carl.
Not as prevalent these days but the other one is chimley instead of chimney & they say chips & fish for some strange reason? 

The whole place is just full of idiots. It probably doesn't help that I'm working at the biggest employer of idiots in the north west either.

Beans on a breakfast are the work of the devil.
Your fried egg should sit on your pancake.

Mmm must try. Usually bacon and syrup on pancakes or a French toasted crumpet.