Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

34 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I just had a lovely breakfast in a hotel near Telford (poached egg, black pudding, grilled tomatoes, grilled field mushroom, hash brown, toast).

The breakfast was perfect, but it did make me think of many poor hotel breakfasts I've had over the years, so my PTTGOYN for today is places that advertise grilled tomatoes then serve a near-raw tomato. I have even once encountered tinned tomatoes! Abhorrent.

Any kind of tomato served with a fried breakfast is an abomination before God.

21 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

WOrse still, tinned tomatoes.

ANyway, the constant capitalisation of the second letter on any sentence-starting words I seem to type these days (see above).

Does this mean I'm having a stroke?

I think it might be AIDS. Probably caught it from unprotected sex with your cat.

24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

WOrse still, tinned tomatoes.

ANyway, the constant capitalisation of the second letter on any sentence-starting words I seem to type these days (see above).

Does this mean I'm having a stroke?

Yes.

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

I just had a lovely breakfast in a hotel near Telford (poached egg, black pudding, grilled tomatoes, grilled field mushroom, hash brown, toast).

The breakfast was perfect, but it did make me think of many poor hotel breakfasts I've had over the years, so my PTTGOYN for today is places that advertise grilled tomatoes then serve a near-raw tomato. I have even once encountered tinned tomatoes! Abhorrent.

Remove Hash brown, tread into carpet where this disgusting thing belongs and demand it be replaced with a Tattie Scone,

Only now can it be a lovely breakfast.

Despite the many health benefits of tomatoes I agree they have no place on a full Scottish breakfast.

Worst are the big ones that have been cut in half or small ones left whole and cooked really hot.

They just sit on your plate like a small thermonuclear device, daring you to eat them!

Remove Hash brown, tread into carpet where this disgusting thing belongs and demand it be replaced with a Tattie Scone,
Only now can it be a lovely breakfast.

It was a pretty decent home-made hash brown. Had onion in it as well as potato.

I do prefer a tattie scone though, that is a fair shout. But I doubt they've got them in this neck of the woods.

Home-made - I will reserve judgement.

Most Hash Browns have the taste and look of something that has been bought at Farmfoods/Iceland for a £5.00 for a bag of 1000.

Cheap way to fill the corner of a plate with tasteless crap and that space filled with deep fried tasteless textureless potato blocks is normally the perfect shape and size for a lighting fried Tattie Scone to fill and enhance.

I was thinking the other day we need to establish the ultimate p&b breakfast. Maybe there was already a thread?

My ideal breakfast dish... (I like tomatoes but they don't go with breakfast - wash away the other flavours)

bacon

sausage

fried egg

scrambled egg

black pudding

mushrooms

potato scone

toast and butter

beans

haggis

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I was thinking the other day we need to establish the ultimate p&b breakfast. Maybe there was already a thread?

My ideal breakfast dish... (I like tomatoes but they don't go with breakfast - wash away the other flavours)

bacon

sausage

fried egg

scrambled egg

black pudding

mushrooms

potato scone

toast and butter

beans

haggis

Ditch the beans and scrambled egg and that's spot on!

51 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

bacon

sausage (1 square 2 link)

fried egg

scrambled egg (shite)

black pudding or haggis

mushrooms (horrible)

tattie scone

toast and butter

beans

I quite like a hash brown tbh, but a tattie scone is preferred.

Agree about tomatoes, if there's one there I'll probably eat it, but if not then I wouldn't miss it.

Edited by deej

I'm not keen on square sausage in a fried breakfast. I like my square sausage in a roll, with a tattie scone and fried egg, but I don't like it on a plate for some reason.

If I'm having sausages in a fried breakfast, I like links, ideally something herby like a lincolnshire style sausage. I reckon I could eat both fried and scrambled (and possibly poached, as was the case this morning) in a breakfast, but I guess it would be overkill. I need a lot of mushrooms.

I've picked up the toast and butter thing too. Too much time spent in hotels South of the border. I had a fried slice in Manchester a few weeks ago too. 

Two airport related PTTGOYN. 

1) I hate the duty-free shops. It's all shite, and the perfume smells make me feel slightly light-headed and sick.

2) Why the fuck does WH Smith want me to scan my boarding pass to be allowed to buy a f-ing paper and some gum? No-one is sneaking past security to buy overpriced crap in their shitty little shops.