Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

22 minutes ago, (._.) said:

Think that has something to do with him wanting nothing to do with his old man. I've no idea why he doesn't just change to his mothers maiden name though. 

I know it does. You're also correct. And my annoyance isn't so much at his use of it as the BBC putting Dele as the caption on him when there's graphics on the screen. The seething paranoid mess in me says they're so happy to use it because it sound like Pele.

Choosing a 'fat' drink from a vending machine and getting the diet version of it instead (or vice versa).  The one down the stairs from my office is notorious for this and is annoyingly the only nearby place to buy a drink for large parts of the day (or like now, all day Sunday).

That said, I kind of like its 'Powerade lottery button' for when I'm undecided.  I seriously doubt it has ever contained Powerade, but at least that is consistently wrong and you know whatever you're getting is going to be a nice surprise.

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Please stop trying to get my attention. You're a snivelling little coward who I'd prefer not to be associated with.

Thank you.

That's a few times now across the forum that he's posted immediately after you trying to get a reaction.

What an utter creep. Seek help.

Stuck on a train from Glasgow to London for 5 hours beside 2 girls and a dog they've brought on. Firstly it tried to bite someone walking past and they had the audacity to get annoyed at the person for being too close. Then when I started eating a chicken pasta thing (it was utter shite so my seethe was slightly less than it should've been) she tried to give the dog a drink and it started sneezing/choking all over me and my food. Must've had about 10 bus of pasta and just had to close it up and chuck it. Barely even an apology either, just a muffled sorry and then multiple "aww cute she's having a wee cough haha" type comments to this arsehole rat-like dog.

I like dogs but am on the verge of throwing it out of the moving train window.

Edited by Honest_Man#1
Autocorrect

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Stuck on a train from Glasgow to London for 5 hours beside 2 girls and a dog they've brought on. Firstly it tried to bite someone walking past and they had the gaul to get annoyed at the person for being too close. Then when I started eating a chicken pasta thing (it was utter shite so my seethe was slightly less Ham it should've been) she tried to give the dog a drink and it started sneezing/choking all over me and my food. Must've had about 10 bus of pasta and just had to close it up and chuck it. Barely even an apology either, just a muffled sorry and then multiple "aww cute she's having a wee cough haha" type comments to this arsehole rat-like dog.

Probably do society a favour by chucking the owners out the window tbh.

Stuck on a train from Glasgow to London for 5 hours beside 2 girls and a dog they've brought on. Firstly it tried to bite someone walking past and they had the audacity to get annoyed at the person for being too close. Then when I started eating a chicken pasta thing (it was utter shite so my seethe was slightly less than it should've been) she tried to give the dog a drink and it started sneezing/choking all over me and my food. Must've had about 10 bus of pasta and just had to close it up and chuck it. Barely even an apology either, just a muffled sorry and then multiple "aww cute she's having a wee cough haha" type comments to this arsehole rat-like dog.

Windows don't open on any of the West coast trains

15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Go to the cafe and buy 4 cans of the strongest lager they have. Return, crack one open and ask them if they've brought Christ into their lives. 

Neither they do. Hadn't noticed, but just to be clear - I wasn't genuinely planning on murdering the dog, so it doesn't really matter.

The owner of the dog or the friend would be a better choice anyway

On the sky menu screen, scrolling through the live now sports selection and you see something decent on bt sports 1 or 2, press select and it gives you the option of HD channel or non HD. Sky being sky, they've got them labelled incorrectly. I'm sure I'll remember one day.

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Go to the cafe and buy 4 cans of the strongest lager they have. Return, crack one open and ask them if they've brought Christ into their lives. 

4 cans on the train? He'd need to take out a mortgage. With regard to the dog. Volunteer to walk it up and down the train, but really drown it in the lavvy. SlipperyP will be along shortly with better canine disposal methods.

Sky boxes that take an age to start up. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to watch an actual channel rather than a loading screen.

Also, when you have a multi-remote control system on the go, why can't you just push the power button once on both? Do that and more often than not you'll get one green light and a bunch of others remaining on standby red.

On top of that, other people's showers. I like my simple on-off button with a handle where the closer it is to red/blue then the warmer/colder it gets. Why other folk need some stupid system is evidently beyond me in more ways than one.