Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Lassie at work (Wid) is really fucking me off.

I need to read every email she sends before she sends it to "see if it reads right"

Today she asks me how to spell definitely "is there an a in it?" Her "machine",as she calls it, has spell check and google like everyone else's.

Then later on I'm sitting listening to a podcast on my lunch break in the break area and she calls me over to her desk to tell me some work shit when she can see I'm on a break.

Last but definately not least she is a complete glass of water of a lassie with no life or personality but keeps dropping in comments like "I'm mental" or " you all know what I'm like". No one knows what you are like, no one gives a f**k.

I can't be the only one reading this as an attractive lassie desperately trying to find feeble excuses to spend time with her cynical, brooding, and (apparently) oblivious co-worker.

Throw the girl a bone, FFS.

46 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I can't be the only one reading this as an attractive lassie desperately trying to find feeble excuses to spend time with her cynical, brooding, and (apparently) oblivious co-worker.

Throw the girl a bone, FFS.

can you pm your adress in case i need a witness

I do something that gets on my own nerves.

For years when fuelling up my car I've always tried to get it to stop right on £10.00 or £20.00 as these are the notes I have in my wallet and usually don't have change to pay if I go over by a few pence and don't fancy breaking a tenner or a twenty just to get landed with a load of pocket smash. However, since the advent of the payment card it doesn't really matter if you stop a few pence over or under, yet I can't seem to break the habit of trying to get the pump to stop dead on the £. I always remember that it doesn't matter as soon as I've finished fuelling.

Condensing my lifetime weed smoking quota into a few years in my late teens definitely fucked my memory. 

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I do something that gets on my own nerves.

For years when fuelling up my car I've always tried to get it to stop right on £10.00 or £20.00 as these are the notes I have in my wallet and usually don't have change to pay if I go over by a few pence and don't fancy breaking a tenner or a twenty just to get landed with a load of pocket smash. However, since the advent of the payment card it doesn't really matter if you stop a few pence over or under, yet I can't seem to break the habit of trying to get the pump to stop dead on the £. I always remember that it doesn't matter as soon as I've finished fuelling.

Condensing my lifetime weed smoking quota into a few years in my late teens definitely fucked my memory. 

Do you also now factor in the exchange rate so that the dollar cost is an exact amount of £s?

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Alternative or GTF... I suppose

Living in Glasgow pretty much every pub has stuff like Williams Bros or Drygate in the fridges. Both make nice lagers. A hell of a lot of places will have Budvar or Pilsner Urquell and the like too.

If we're really talking about the shitest pubs and clubs that only stock the main massive brands and make zero effort at all, then I'd drink bottles of Becks or Red Stripe far sooner than Corona. In fact I'd prefer a bottle of Heineken or Stella to Corona, and both of those are pretty shit.

Corona ranks only slightly better than real muck like Tuborg, Carlsberg, Fosters, Carling, MGD, Budweiser.

IMO, of course.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I rarely find myself in the requirement to drink bottles. I would exhaust all pint options first. I agree with you assessment of real muck but I also find Becks, Heineken and Stella all rank rotten.

It should be said that I'm not a beer/lager connseur. I don't shop around or try different craft ales I generally just like a good pint of lager.

Yeah, fair enough. Although you're being too reasonable. More pettiness please.

12 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Looking to book a holiday in Spain, so checking out reviews on Tripadvisor. Came across this pearler. Got on my nerves in a rather petty fashion initially but we've decided to book this hotel. Cheers Korky from Yorkshire!

"Just spent 5 nights here and there's a few things I'd like to point out to anyone from the UK thinking of doing the same. Firstly,this is a Spanish local back street hotel,run by Spaniards for Spaniards. The staff are nice enough but the other guests are rude and make you feel unwelcome as much as they can. Yes there's a TV in your room but every channel is Spanish so it is of no use to us. I do like to watch a bit when I'm trying to drop off or catch the news but that's a no go. There are no tea making facilities so forget your morning cuppa and cuppa before bed. No kettle,or facilities to even get one in the late hours. Our view was of a police station and a bloody huge one at that. We could barely see the sky and if you have a room at the front of the hotel you'll get no sun either. The breakfast is not an English one that I love on my hols. It's local and continental. We had to eat out every morning so when you think of it that's at least another £10 on your holiday per day. Yessssss the hotel is a 5 min walk from the beach but it's up a bloody big Hill and after a long day it truely grinds you down. The nightly entertainment is all Spanish and consists of a Spanish dj/vocalist/ guitarist entertaining the guests who are all over 60 and who will procede to dance and sing like it's like their last day on earth. Look I've not come on here to lose this place any money by putting any brits off, they won't, because the whole hotel is full of holidaying Spaniards because that is what it caters for"

Spanish Hotel in Spain is Spanish.. shock. No wonder Europeans hate british tourists.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ok, it is petty of me, but I have an instant dislike/mistrust of people who turn their nose up at a pint of Tennents.

It's not irrepairable for them, but its not far off it.

I agree with this. Particularly as in many Scottish pubs it's the most used and most well-taken care of pump. 

On 2/15/2017 at 18:30, welshbairn said:

I talked to a traffic cop who said they would never do someone for driving safely at 79 or less in a 70 limit. There's an unspoken 10% allowance for dodgy speedos.

I take it that arithmetic ain't something they focus on much in cop school.

22 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Takeaway delivery drivers. Absolute fukn' scumbags!

Got one reptile who deliberately fuks about looking for the correct change, in the hope I'll just let him piss off with a tip, every fukn' time. It's got to the point now where it's a pure battle of wits, between me and this clown.

Not only are they a clan of smelly arseholes, they put me off my food.

You know you're generally supposed to tip delivery guys, yeah? They have brought you something so you can sit on your arse rather than going out. It's almost as though it's a service industry.

Stella is ace. Everything else a distant second. I'd never have it at home but when I'm going out to get right fucking on it, as I will be shortly, then nothing else will do (until I start interspersing the Stellas with various spirits and red wine).