Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Takeaway delivery drivers. Absolute fukn' scumbags!

Got one reptile who deliberately fuks about looking for the correct change, in the hope I'll just let him piss off with a tip, every fukn' time. It's got to the point now where it's a pure battle of wits, between me and this clown.

Not only are they a clan of smelly arseholes, they put me off my food.

Used to do this as a second job. Had a float of £25 in change. Used to keep £ coins in one pocket and smash in the other. Trick was to give the pound coins first and usually you got told to keep the rest. Balancing the float at the end of a night was a pain in the arse if you split it and didnt have enough change to make it back to the total (could be lack of coins or £5 notes)
To cover petrol, wages and additional insurance we were on more an hour than the chefs and we got tips. Every 4th friday i put weekend tips behind bar for chefs. Some nights were good. Some nights were crap (bogof nights especially).

Worked busier nights with another driver who purposely picked the best tippers first. So if you wonder why its over an hour since you ordered then greedy drivers have noted you are a tight arse and you are waiting on chronological order guy.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Saw a woman this morning on a motorised scooter. She was parked in the fucking doorway of Greggs, shouting inside to her husband to get her loads of shit. She was in the doorway, blocking anyone getting in or out. Like literally right in the doorway.

Selfish, self centred hoor.

The poor wumman's been on a life support machine for most of her life.

Spoiler

Image result for fridge

Lassie at work (Wid) is really fucking me off.

I need to read every email she sends before she sends it to "see if it reads right"

Today she asks me how to spell definitely "is there an a in it?" Her "machine",as she calls it, has spell check and google like everyone else's.

Then later on I'm sitting listening to a podcast on my lunch break in the break area and she calls me over to her desk to tell me some work shit when she can see I'm on a break.

Last but definately not least she is a complete glass of water of a lassie with no life or personality but keeps dropping in comments like "I'm mental" or " you all know what I'm like". No one knows what you are like, no one gives a f**k.

Used to do this as a second job. Had a float of £25 in change. Used to keep £ coins in one pocket and smash in the other. Trick was to give the pound coins first and usually you got told to keep the rest. Balancing the float at the end of a night was a pain in the arse if you split it and didnt have enough change to make it back to the total (could be lack of coins or £5 notes)
To cover petrol, wages and additional insurance we were on more an hour than the chefs and we got tips. Every 4th friday i put weekend tips behind bar for chefs. Some nights were good. Some nights were crap (bogof nights especially).

Worked busier nights with another driver who purposely picked the best tippers first. So if you wonder why its over an hour since you ordered then greedy drivers have noted you are a tight arse and you are waiting on chronological order guy.

This particular driver is an absolute bawbag.
He doesn't turn up late or anything, just doesn't grasp the concept that folk generally prefer to tip on their own terms, and it's certainly not mandatory.

Looking to book a holiday in Spain, so checking out reviews on Tripadvisor. Came across this pearler. Got on my nerves in a rather petty fashion initially but we've decided to book this hotel. Cheers Korky from Yorkshire!

"Just spent 5 nights here and there's a few things I'd like to point out to anyone from the UK thinking of doing the same. Firstly,this is a Spanish local back street hotel,run by Spaniards for Spaniards. The staff are nice enough but the other guests are rude and make you feel unwelcome as much as they can. Yes there's a TV in your room but every channel is Spanish so it is of no use to us. I do like to watch a bit when I'm trying to drop off or catch the news but that's a no go. There are no tea making facilities so forget your morning cuppa and cuppa before bed. No kettle,or facilities to even get one in the late hours. Our view was of a police station and a bloody huge one at that. We could barely see the sky and if you have a room at the front of the hotel you'll get no sun either. The breakfast is not an English one that I love on my hols. It's local and continental. We had to eat out every morning so when you think of it that's at least another £10 on your holiday per day. Yessssss the hotel is a 5 min walk from the beach but it's up a bloody big Hill and after a long day it truely grinds you down. The nightly entertainment is all Spanish and consists of a Spanish dj/vocalist/ guitarist entertaining the guests who are all over 60 and who will procede to dance and sing like it's like their last day on earth. Look I've not come on here to lose this place any money by putting any brits off, they won't, because the whole hotel is full of holidaying Spaniards because that is what it caters for"

This particular driver is an absolute bawbag.
He doesn't turn up late or anything, just doesn't grasp the concept that folk generally prefer to tip on their own terms, and it's certainly not mandatory.

Can imagine. The other trick is not take the price sheet to the door and slightly over charge. I always took my copy (window on the bag for it) so they could see. Guy was a real piece of work. More than once accused of being drunk on the job.
If you phone in. Ask which driver is on and if they say him just say youll not bother. Gives them an idea customer isnt happy.

Can imagine. The other trick is not take the price sheet to the door and slightly over charge. I always took my copy (window on the bag for it) so they could see. Guy was a real piece of work. More than once accused of being drunk on the job.
If you phone in. Ask which driver is on and if they say him just say youll not bother. Gives them an idea customer isnt happy.

I wouldn't want to get the guy into trouble or anything. I've took it upon myself to make this right.
Once we eventually reach a breakthrough, I'll probably slip the guy a fiver as a lesson learned.

Idiot reviewers boil my piss as well. Whenever I go away my first port of call for accommodation is Travelodge/Premier Inn/Ibis. They're generally cheap and clean. That's literally the only two things I care about when booking a hotel.

Going abroad is slightly different. If it was a sun holiday then I'd want it to be reasonably close to a beach and if it's a city break I'd want it to be reasonably close to the centre.

I don't get these sad cases who spend a fortune on hotels and find fault with the most pointless things. If I'm away I use my hotel for sleeping. I couldn't give a shit about the decor or the evening's entertainment. If it's clean and reasonably priced it gets 5 stars from me.

I wouldn't want to get the guy into trouble or anything. I've took it upon myself to make this right.
Once we eventually reach a breakthrough, I'll probably slip the guy a fiver as a lesson learned.

Fair doos. My favourite tippers were drunk tippers.. haha

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Idiot reviewers boil my piss as well. Whenever I go away my first port of call for accommodation is Travelodge/Premier Inn/Ibis. They're generally cheap and clean. That's literally the only two things I care about when booking a hotel.

Going abroad is slightly different. If it was a sun holiday then I'd want it to be reasonably close to a beach and if it's a city break I'd want it to be reasonably close to the centre.

I don't get these sad cases who spend a fortune on hotels and find fault with the most pointless things. If I'm away I use my hotel for sleeping. I couldn't give a shit about the decor or the evening's entertainment. If it's clean and reasonably priced it gets 5 stars from me.

^^^Decor's a bit tired, won't read again. 1*

Edited by welshbairn

22 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Self service machines where they first ask you if you're using your own bags... only to ask straight away afterwards "enter the number of bags you used".

Two actually, but they were both mine, like I f***in' told you when you asked.

Or when you say you are using your bags, you place them in the bagging area as requested, then the fucking machine grasses you to the staff and you have to stand there like a dick whilst they come over and reset the cunting thing.

People who use self-service machines in shops who insist on putting their rucksack that already weighs a ton down on the side and persist in trying to put their teabags and coriander in it even when it's quite clearly not going to sit upright without leaning it against the side, which in turn causes you more problems because every time it moves the machine needs to know the weight's changed.

Bonus points if you use these machines on a regular basis and still do this, rather than just putting the shopping through, paying for it and then putting into your wildly unsuitable bags.