Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Genuinely cannot understand why anyone wouldn't have a pony at work, absolute madness these past few pages.

I had three today in work (had chilli nachos for dinner last night), but an average day is typically two, one after my 11am snout and a 2.30pm post lunch turd.

47 minutes ago, Adam said:

Genuinely cannot understand why anyone wouldn't have a pony at work, absolute madness these past few pages.

I had three today in work (had chilli nachos for dinner last night), but an average day is typically two, one after my 11am snout and a 2.30pm post lunch turd.

What are you eating for lunch? Castor oil?

Go for a shit 2 hours into my shift is a guarantee for me irregardless of my working hours.

Usually follow it up with a quick walk to the toilets for another attempt or at the least a piss about an hour before I finish.

When YouTube has a fit and randomly decides I live in America. Specifically, when I've got a YouTube playlist running on the other side of the room while I'm engaged in something I can't break away from (steady), and suddenly a half-hour long video appears promoting some US religious charlatan, promising to soothe the overwhelmed minds of gullible idiots by using only a bible and a credit card reader.

You get adverts mistakenly streamed from all over the world, but the American ones are invariably terrifying, and often apocalyptic. By comparison, I'll take a Hindi ad for a shit Bollywood film anytime.

Go for a shit 2 hours into my shift is a guarantee for me irregardless of my working hours.

Usually follow it up with a quick walk to the toilets for another attempt or at the least a piss about an hour before I finish.

332530543a50edee5287dcb462902a06.jpg

Pray for mizfit.

Morons at music concerts, filming it on their phones. What is the point?

Advertise how much a slave you are to your device.

Block people's views

You can't truly enjoy the music while holding a device.

Inevitably the quality of said filming will be shite.

I am sure there will be better quality videos of it online or on official channels.

Why bother??? They should be taken out.

Where's a flock of seagulls when you need a smash and grab?

2 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Block people's views

I am sure there will be better quality videos of it online or on official channels.

Great band,

Saw them live................

Oh wait this isn't right.

27 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I was back in London for a few days last week, and it was really disturbing how many folk just milled about with their phones pointed at random shit. Not just the landmarks; people filming absolutely every mundane little thing. I don't get it.

9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

When YouTube has a fit and randomly decides I live in America. Specifically, when I've got a YouTube playlist running on the other side of the room while I'm engaged in something I can't break away from (steady), and suddenly a half-hour long video appears promoting some US religious charlatan, promising to soothe the overwhelmed minds of gullible idiots by using only a bible and a credit card reader.

You get adverts mistakenly streamed from all over the world, but the American ones are invariably terrifying, and often apocalyptic. By comparison, I'll take a Hindi ad for a shit Bollywood film anytime.

Is your wife American?

Block people's views

This.

Take a video that you'll never watch again and ruin your enjoyment of it. Some folks first instinct is to pull out their phone at every opportunity. Hate it.

I was back in London for a few days last week, and it was really disturbing how many folk just milled about with their phones pointed at random shit. Not just the landmarks; people filming absolutely every mundane little thing. I don't get it.

In the hope that something happens and they can sell the video

The Royal Mail and the Post Office are two different companies - your Post Office doesn't control when the Royal Mail make the last pick-up. If they've said it's to be at five minutes past five, that's that. Royal Mail don't care because they have a virtual monopoly on domestic parcels under 2kg in weight, as the couriers don't meet their prices, nor have anything like the same presence in drop-off outlets.
The Post Office staff most likely stop getting paid at 5.30 on the dot, and will have been told to have their tills cashed up by then, or do it on their own time. If you're wondering why it takes so long, any discrepancies come out of their wages; I know a girl who lost £100 from her wage a few weeks back, and the till was probably short when she started. You'll understand why folk consider that more important than serving people at the end of their shift.

If I'd wanted a reasoned and logical response, I'd have said so. I just wanted to complain about you workshy b*****ds.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Is your wife American?

Aye, but she has her own computer.

If she's got our IP address on some kind of watch list, I'll...well, probably have a cheek to complain, let's be honest.

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

In the hope that something happens and they can sell the video

That's a deeply cynical and unpleasant view of mankind that you've got there.

I like the way you think.

36 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

If I'd wanted a reasoned and logical response, I'd have said so. I just wanted to complain about you workshy b*****ds.

If it makes you feel any better, I hear that your branch has been short on staff, and will have a new guy starting next week specifically to deal with the queue.

This M. Mullarkey guy seems like a real go-getter, so I'm sure you'll be happy with the service from now on.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave
Repetition.

Going back to having a shite at work. I regularly come in, switch on the computer, check emails, have a cuppa then go for a shite. Then a couple of piss stops during the day.

Seems perfectly normal to me.

The Dominos "order now for half time" advert before a live game on Sky is about to kick off. Dunno about anywhere else, but the Dominos near me take about 20 minutes to deliver. Who wants a pizza delivered half way through the first half?