Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This could be equally posted in either the Nom Nom thread or the Business /corporate speak nonsense one but as it irritated the f**k out of me I'll post it here.

I took my younger two for lunch in Amersham's latest eatery earlier.  Nice place but had this on the menu:

menu.JPG.1b59edcaa75da918491bc4af2d867aca.JPG

AKA Cheese burger with bacon.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Videoing every door every morning / evening could be a faff tbh.  There's no way I'd be able to follow such an invention up, but some contraption that links a door lock monitor to an app on your phone would be the business, a bit like Hive for your heating, but with a wee laser/light thing that would know if the brass bit is in or out.

*If anyone electronically minded steals this excellent idea and makes any decent money from it, then  remember to give your old pal HC here a reasonable cut of the profits and don't be a c**t, thank you.

This reminds me of the time (probably about 5 years ago) when my current wife claims to have “invented” windscreen wipers that came on automatically.  She thought of it in the bath one night.

incredibly forward thinking of her, considering our car at the time had an auto windscreen wiper function already on it.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This reminds me of the time (probably about 5 years ago) when my current wife claims to have “invented” windscreen wipers that came on automatically.  She thought of it in the bath one night.

What was she doing to make her think of windscreen wipers?

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This could be equally posted in either the Nom Nom thread or the Business /corporate speak nonsense one but as it irritated the f**k out of me I'll post it here.

I took my younger two for lunch in Amersham's latest eatery earlier.  Nice place but had this on the menu:

menu.JPG.1b59edcaa75da918491bc4af2d867aca.JPG

AKA Cheese burger with bacon.

On the plus side, they have put the £ sign before the number, so they haven't gone full arsehole yet.

Was it served on a plate?

On the plus side, they have put the £ sign before the number, so they haven't gone full arsehole yet.
Was it served on a plate?
On this menu entry, I have no fucking idea what a Josper grill is, but even more annoying is aome places who have decided that 'jospered' is an acceptable verb.

Fuckin.... NAW. Its grilled you DICK

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

On this menu entry, I have no fucking idea what a Josper grill is, but even more annoying is aome places who have decided that 'jospered' is an acceptable verb.

Wonder if they do Jospered Carrots?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It's an oven that allows you to grill and roast at the same time, speeding up the process and preventing it from drying out.

Or a mis-spelling of Jasper the chef's name.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

It's an oven that allows you to grill and roast at the same time, speeding up the process and preventing it from drying out.

Or a mis-spelling of Jasper the chef's name.

Its still not an acceptable verb. 

Never had Ovened beef on a Sunday or Frying panned eggs on a roll. 

Get it tae f**k. 

Am away for a cup of tea (made with kettled water)

Guest Moomintroll
In the last 2 weeks I have lost 2.5 stone in weight,i thought I had the flu but it turns out I had pneumonia.
Has she phoned ya?

22 minutes ago, keithgy said:

In the last 2 weeks I have lost 2.5 stone in weight,i thought I had the flu but it turns out I had pneumonia.

Serious stuff that, hope it’s under control 

When commentators say "Why would he go down?" in reference to a player who has dived, or rather who in their opinion hasn't dived (but definitely has).

It's such a stupid comment. Players go down because so many are inherent cheats and dive numerous times a game. It's ingrained, and weak shite like the comment I've mentioned doesn't help and just tells divers that what they're doing is fine

Guest Moomintroll
But shite Bing Hitler references aside, as heedthebaa said, hope they have sorted out the virus.