Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My skoosher in the car isn't working. I think it's shagged. :( At first I thought it was frozen, but if that's the case, it's been frozen for 3 days. It's a bit warmer tonight, so was hoping it would be working, but nothing. It's not even making the noise to say it's trying to work. :( Garage at the weekend, I reckon...

Guest The Phoenix
My modem crashes with alarming frequency.

Troubleshoot says Gateway is offline.

I do not know what this means.

It refers me to an online explanation.

At such a stage I have no Internet access.

Hence rage.

:lol:

I phoned Orange last week to tell them my e-mail wasn't working and the eejit advised me to send them an e-mail detailing what the problem was. :huh::(

My skoosher in the car isn't working. I think it's shagged. :( At first I thought it was frozen, but if that's the case, it's been frozen for 3 days. It's a bit warmer tonight, so was hoping it would be working, but nothing. It's not even making the noise to say it's trying to work. :( Garage at the weekend, I reckon...

You do appreciate that you need to refill it with water/screen wash when it's empty, aye? :rolleyes:

Ive had that before, Vauxhall aye?

The garage will likely just say "new pump", but there is often no need.

First up, open the bonnet, and make sure you havent got any trapped wires or tubes (unlikely, but it happens to me sometimes).

Secondly, make sure the car is switched off and pull the power lead out of the washer pump. You might have to unscrew the container first (its generally 1 screw), Give the connecting pins a bit of a wipe and polish. If you arent getting any noise, then it could simply be a dirty power connection. Push the now clean and dry pin back in, and see if it works.

Failing that, wait till Reynard comes online, so he can tell you about his Lancias and how things were better in the good old days.

First up, open the bonnet, and make sure you havent got any trapped wires or tubes (unlikely, but it happens to me sometimes).

Secondly, make sure the car is switched off and pull the power lead out of the washer pump. You might have to unscrew the container first (its generally 1 screw), Give the connecting pins a bit of a wipe and polish. If you arent getting any noise, then it could simply be a dirty power connection. Push the now clean and dry pin back in, and see if it works.

Failing that, wait till Reynard comes online, so he can tell you about his Lancias and how things were better in the good old days.

Filling it up sounds a whole lot easier!

You do appreciate that you need to refill it with water/screen wash when it's empty, aye? :rolleyes:

Thanks for that. It's full.

Failing that, take it to the vauxhall garage as, unlike you, I buy new cars, so it has a warranty. :D

Edited by Debbie
Was being a bit harsh on LiviClyde - still can't believe he thinks I'm that stupid though...

Lancias didn`t have windscreen skooshers. They had a little Abyssinian boy that lived in the boot and would come out and clean the windscreen when you clicked your fingers

Watching the news now. When it happened, half the town ran for the hills at the back of the town, fearing a tsunami as it happened off-shore.

The other half ran to the local equivalent of comet to pinch telly's :ph34r:

Flatmate is running about trying to get in touch with his folks after a 6.8 earthquake hit where they live.

Bugger :(

That was a fucking beast- in a spot of unplanned comic timing I had just eaten a large pizza and flopped down onto the couch with a beer in my hand and literally a second later the place started to shake, thought the fridge-freezer was going to go over.

All I could say was afterwards "I didn't think the pizza was that fattening" as 2 of my flatmates were gutting themselves laughing.

Seriously though, I'm meant to be (correction, still am) heading to Gisborne for Christmas, can't think it'll be very festive there at the moment :(

That was a fucking beast- in a spot of unplanned comic timing I had just eaten a large pizza and flopped down onto the couch with a beer in my hand and literally a second later the place started to shake, thought the fridge-freezer was going to go over.

All I could say was afterwards "I didn't think the pizza was that fattening" as 2 of my flatmates were gutting themselves laughing.

Seriously though, I'm meant to be (correction, still am) heading to Gisborne for Christmas, can't think it'll be very festive there at the moment :(

There wont be much happening there now, unless you do joinery as a hobby! If you are going that far, you would be better heading out to the Mount at Tauranga. You're welcome to come along to Waipu away up the top of the island with us for the highland games, but you will need a tent for that one... and some serious bevvy.

The whole east coast got hit, his folks are actually down in Napier, so God knows what Gissy's like. Hopefully, the winery's aren't too bad ;)

Did kiwibhoy feel anything in Chch?

Edited by kiwififer

There wont be much happening there now, unless you do joinery as a hobby! If you are going that far, you would be better heading out to the Mount at Tauranga. You're welcome to come along to Waipu away up the top of the island with us for the highland games, but you will need a tent for that one... and some serious bevvy.

The whole east coast got hit, his folks are actually down in Napier, so God knows what Gissy's like. Hopefully, the winery's aren't too bad ;)

Did kiwibhoy feel anything in Chch?

I did actually think about how much wine would have got busted when I heard where it was :lol:

I'm going to head in that direction anyway as I've already made my plans, I can head out to Maraehako for a bit, cheers though.