Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It gets me down how terrible people are at having normal, civilised conversations. So many people end up just spouting banal shite or trying to come up with ‘banter’ which usually consists of saying horrible things and laughing at themselves.

In recent years I’ve tried to be more straightforward when I speak to people and some folk act like you are a madman when you are straight with them, don’t waffle on and don’t have stupid preambles and jokes.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

In recent years I’ve tried to be more straightforward when I speak to people and some folk act like you are a madman when you are straight with them, don’t waffle on and don’t have stupid preambles and jokes.

Shut the f**k up. 

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It gets me down how terrible people are at having normal, civilised conversations. So many people end up just spouting banal shite or trying to come up with ‘banter’ which usually consists of saying horrible things and laughing at themselves.

You're certainly on the right forum anyway. 

Re women commentators - the lassie on 5 live commentating on the Poland v Senegal game was excellent. She had obviously done her homework and was able to pronounce the Polish names correctly ( the bare minimum you would expect I know) with none of the usual chip on the shoulder stuff that you come to expect from Alan Green and co.

Meanwhile, on the telly, Ally McCoist couldn't even get the name of the top goalscorer in the Bundesliga right...

Edited by Angusfifer

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Why did radio 1 bother making a sister station specifically for urban music when that’s pretty much all they play anyway?

How old will you be when you finally stop listening to Radio 1? 50? 

Radio one is pish. Has been for years. Yes, coincidentally it happened as I got older and grew up :lol: 

It all went wrong with Moyles. What an absolute p***k he was and probably still is.  

Radio one is pish. Has been for years. Yes, coincidentally it happened as I got older and grew up :lol: 
It all went wrong with Moyles. What an absolute p***k he was and probably still is.  

He hosts on Radio X now (which I listen to on occasion) and is still a conceited gobby c**t who thinks he’s far more amusing than he really is.