Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

My boys (Senegal) didn't observe Ramadan. Mixed emotions for Allah should they win the tournament. 

My Mexico lads not observing siesta or fiesta. Mixed emotions for Speedy Gonzales should they lift and melt down the trophy.

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

I feel so helpless,my wife's mum was found dead yesterday morning and my wife is heartbroken.

Jesus, was it unexpected? All you can do is be supportive and keep your head together to sort out all the things that have to be done. All my sympathies.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Jesus, was it unexpected? All you can do is be supportive and keep your head together to sort out all the things that have to be done. All my sympathies.

Yes she was in seeing her the night before and she was fine,i got a call on my way to work yesterday with my wife screaming down the phone that she was gone.

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

Yes she was in seeing her the night before and she was fine,i got a call on my way to work yesterday with my wife screaming down the phone that she was gone.

All you can do is f**k the work and be around and useful. She'll be in no state to do the arrangements etc. and when my Dad died it recently it took my mind off it by getting out of the house and sorting out all the funeral stuff. Are there any friends or family around to be with your wife when you're not there?

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

All you can do is f**k the work and be around and useful. She'll be in no state to do the arrangements etc. and when my Dad died it recently it took my mind off it by getting out of the house and sorting out all the funeral stuff. Are there any friends or family around to be with your wife when you're not there?

We have brought her dad up to our house to stay tonight as I need to go back to work tomorrow.

Mrs Tdb wants to go for a curry tonight. Normally, this would be fine. Excellent in fact.

But I kinda just want to stay in and watch the Portugal v Spain match.

It's like she fuckin knows :lol: 

I ask for the same haircut from the same barber that I have been to for years and other than very minor gripes, I'm more than content with my haircut each time.
Today I followed procedure. She did not and now I'll have to wear a hat for a fortnight.

6 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Mrs Tdb wants to go for a curry tonight. Normally, this would be fine. Excellent in fact.

Missing something here...

How is you watching the Portugal-Spain match stopping her going for a curry?

7 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Screenshot_20180614-005818.jpg

Emojis on the phone. Just wanted to add one to a text to indicate I wasn't being totally serious and got a load of fucking grimacing teddy bears to choose from. Had to revert to old style : and ) which is the only one I know. What was wrong with the old ones, I've no idea  what most of the new ones mean. Grumpy old c**t thread for this probably.