Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I don’t deliberately listen to radio 1 I just flick through the stations until I hear a song I like, Radio1 has a few decent songs occasionally but has so much utter drivel. The entire “urban” music scene is absolutely horrendous, I don’t care if it comes across as racist but anyone who like that shit must be a cretin.

I don’t deliberately listen to radio 1 I just flick through the stations until I hear a song I like, Radio1 has a few decent songs occasionally but has so much utter drivel. The entire “urban” music scene is absolutely horrendous, I don’t care if it comes across as racist but anyone who like that shit must be a cretin.

Anyone who thinks disliking a genre of music is racist is an utter cretin.

The episode of extras where Maggie is worried about admitting to a black guy she doesn’t like reggae covers this quite well.

Moyles incessant chatting did my head in when he was on Radio 1. Used to be driving into work at about half 6 in the morning, and rarely in the half hour journey did I hear a song. I can remember someone texting in and having a go at him about it, and he really got upset calling the guy an idiot. Seems the type of bloke who wouldn't take any criticism well. 

Subsequently I have never really listened to Radio X, but last week caught bit of something called the Platinum Hour which was quite good. 

Usually stick with Absolute Radio though, a solid choice. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Why wouldn't you just skip the tediousness of flicking through channels and just play songs you like? Especially when the stations you're listening to are filled with complete shite and you're waiting for a nugget of sweetcorn to fall out.

Came on here to moan about a radio station and am delighted with the topic at hand.

Mine is Absolute Radios forgetfulness that they're nationwide and not some London Capital FM jolly.

Constantly telling us the weather is great/shite today. I live 350 miles away pal. I don't get the same weather as London.

Also every competition they have and pub themed evening is inevitably in London and we've all to "come along For a great night". Hell of a taxi home for me pal.

I did always believe people who live in London don't really care about the rest of the UK and that radio station basically confirms my suspicions.

Edited by Gaz FFC

I listen to the wireless more often than watch the TV. Go through phases of enjoying different channels but generally:

Sport - Sportsound

Music - Absolute 80s/90's (BBC Scotland for Travelling Folk etc) 

General Listening (washing the dishes etc) - BBC World Service. 

In terms of PTTGOYN I'm on holiday just now and the self catering cottage doesn't have a wireless in the kitchen. This is not acceptable. 

42 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why wouldn't you just skip the tediousness of flicking through channels and just play songs you like? Especially when the stations you're listening to are filled with complete shite and you're waiting for a nugget of sweetcorn to fall out.

A song you really like being played unexpectedly on the radio is one of life’s little pleasures

I listen to my music a lot of the time but often want to hear what’s on the radio as well and see what people are saying. I just have it on fm and fire through the various stations which include the bbc ones, forth 1, heart and capital. All of them are mostly pish it’s just radio 1 has a certain way of irritating me from time to time.

3 minutes ago, A96 said:

A song you really like being played unexpectedly on the radio is one of life’s little pleasures

I unexpectedly hear songs I like every day by pressing "Shuffle Play" on my Spotify. And the glory is I don't need to listen to fat wankers talking over the first and last 30 seconds of it.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I listen to my music a lot of the time but often want to hear what’s on the radio as well and see what people are saying. I just have it on fm and fire through the various stations which include the bbc ones, forth 1, heart and capital. All of them are mostly pish it’s just radio 1 has a certain way of irritating me from time to time.

I just don't understand why you want to listen to the radio even though you admit it's 90% guff you need to listen to. Seems bizarre to do something that irritates you.

I just don't understand why you want to listen to the radio even though you admit it's 90% guff you need to listen to. Seems bizarre to do something that irritates you.

I’m in the van a lot though so it’s either the radio or my own music.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I unexpectedly hear songs I like every day by pressing "Shuffle Play" on my Spotify. And the glory is I don't need to listen to fat wankers talking over the first and last 30 seconds of it.

Hardly unexpected if it’s on your playlist

Just now, A96 said:

Hardly unexpected if it’s on your playlist

Well I can hit shuffle on my library and it will choose random songs that I like, I haven't memorised every single song I have saved in there.  It's exactly like a radio station but without the w****r talking or the shite music.

Why would anyone listen to Radio 1 during the day?

Or indeed most radio stations during the day? All presenters think they have to be some sort of wacky character, and they all play mostly shite music.

Edited by DA Baracus

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Because I’m in my work van

Does it not have a CD player? Even a tape deck?

Can't you fire some tunes on an MP3 player then buy one of those cheap cables to connect it?

Does it not have a CD player? Even a tape deck?
Can't you fire some tunes on an MP3 player then buy one of those cheap cables to connect it?

I connect it to Spotify via bluetooth and listen to my music sometimes but a lot of the time I want to hear what’s going on in the world so I put radio on. I’m in van 10-13 hours a week so I get bored of my own music and get bored of the radio in equal measures but I still want noise on.