Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

I connect it to Spotify via bluetooth and listen to my music sometimes but a lot of the time I want to hear what’s going on in the world so I put radio on. I’m in van 10-13 hours a week so I get bored of my own music and get bored of the radio in equal measures but I still want noise on.

A bit like the telly for me. Access to the whole Netflix, Amazon and BBC libraries and I usually just watch something live. Wouldn't want to be restricted to the music I've recorded either.

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

I connect it to Spotify via bluetooth and listen to my music sometimes but a lot of the time I want to hear what’s going on in the world so I put radio on. I’m in van 10-13 hours a week so I get bored of my own music and get bored of the radio in equal measures but I still want noise on.

This is what podcasts and audio books are for.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Anyone who thinks disliking a genre of music is racist is an utter cretin.

The episode of extras where Maggie is worried about admitting to a black guy she doesn’t like reggae covers this quite well.

Urban isn't a genre of music. There is a multitude of genres within urban including soul, reggae, r&b, hip hop and drum & bass to name a few. 

c***s who visit my neighbours, and despite there being ample places outside my neighbours' houses, park outside mine, so that my kids can't use their basketball hoop.

I say they should still use the hoop and f**k the car, Mrs Ranter seems to prefer being diplomatic for some reason.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m going to start downloading podcasts and listening in the van via my phone. I just haven’t bothered my arse as of yet.

You might like some of this stuff on audio cd, Alan.

9 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

c***s who visit my neighbours, and despite there being ample places outside my neighbours' houses, park outside mine, so that my kids can't use their basketball hoop.

I say they should still use the hoop and f**k the car, Mrs Ranter seems to prefer being diplomatic for some reason.

I have  a neighbour just the same.  So  disruptive and selfish -  thud, thud, thud of the basketball which annoys the f**k out of me!

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Hiya Pete across the road who works night shift every third week, hiya pal!

Joking apart, one of the houses in the street next to me have a half-sized basketball court with a floodlight-type set up.   It's too far for me to hear but i'm sure it must annoy the neighbours.  I passed the other night and they were doing zumba or something like that on the court, blasting out some shite music. 

Hayfever!!! 
I've had to take a tablet, manuka honey and a bloody £8 nasal spray that's about melted my brain all this morning!!! 
Mon winter. 

It’s really quite rubbish just now. A couple of days rain usually dampens down the pollen but it seems to have made it worse this last week.

8 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

Hayfever!!! 

I've had to take a tablet, manuka honey and a bloody £8 nasal spray that's about melted my brain all this morning!!! 

Mon winter. 

I need the nose spray, tablets and eye drops. It works a treat though, have you seen your GP?

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It’s really quite rubbish just now. A couple of days rain usually dampens down the pollen but it seems to have made it worse this last week.

Definitely, I'm a bubbling snotty mess in the mornings the now. 

7 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

I need the nose spray, tablets and eye drops. It works a treat though, have you seen your GP?

Eye drops might be a shout too. I haven't but if it keeps up I'm going to have to. Shitemare man.