Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

That's cheaper than the Indian I use. However, the delivery charge would probably put it up a bit...
if you want chicken pakora imstead of veg its £16.95. personally i prefer vegetable
If I get an Indian there's usually plenty for two with a meal for one.
i agree a meal for one easily feeds 2 but i like getting 2 Currys and we share them.

when we get a Chinese takeawah it will usually come to about £30. chinese, for some reason, always seems to wirk out alot dearer than any other takeaway. she had one last night, £8 special chow mein, £3.80 salt and pepper chips and £4.50 prawn cocktail plus £2 delivery. £18.30 for one person.

the indian isnt nearly so dear with their meal deal for 2. £14.95 for 2 pilau rice, 2 currys, vegetable pakora, nan bread, popadoms, pakora sauce and onion chutney. plus £2 delivery.

the Chinese in forfar are also a nightmare for making any changes to their set meals. in otherwords no changes!
See it would be the opposite for us in Dunfermline - if we got a starter, main and rice/chips from our local Chinese it would be around £20 plus delivery for the 2 of us, but the same idea from one of the Indians would be about £30. Sadly there are several superb Indian takeaways and not so many Chinese ones here!

Have Chinese takeaways got worse of late?

Around 10 years ago there seemed to be a real push for non MSG nice quality food, but lately it all seems to be that gloopy tasteless stuff. Indians by comparison seem to be getting better.
i dont really lile chinese takeaway food so dont order it often. tend to find its all greasy, soy sauce soaked crap. indian, save for the excess oil that seems to be on every curry, is much more enjoyable.

See it would be the opposite for us in Dunfermline - if we got a starter, main and rice/chips from our local Chinese it would be around £20 plus delivery for the 2 of us, but the same idea from one of the Indians would be about £30. Sadly there are several superb Indian takeaways and not so many Chinese ones here!
theres 5 indians in forfar that i could get a meal for 2, delivered, for under £20. theres only 2 i ever useas they are far superior to the rest.

The lassie who was commentating on Shrewsbury vs Wolves for MOTD.

The most irritating voice I've ever heard in commentary. Worse even that Motson. Not only that but she's fucking awful in what she says as well. She uses the most banal cliches and has absolutely nothing original to say. Grating doesn't cover it.

She squealed at every goal; very irritating with every cliche in the book being wheeled out. Mind you, Paul Ince in the studio was an absolute disaster.

She squealed at every goal; very irritating with every cliche in thè book veing wheeled out. Mind you, Paul Ince in the studio was an absolute disaster.
ince has the personality of a wet towl. you would think given the size of his ego at the peak of his career he would be a lot more outgoing. watching him was painful

Guest Moomintroll

Has everyone on this thread forgotten how to spell or is@Div in a very mild huff after the result today & rather than shutting the site down, has chosen to introduce a very specific filter.

On the topic of noisy neighbours.  In my last place the guy over the back fence from me used to cut his grass at 7 in the morning during the summer, on a Sunday.  My next door neighbour soon got him telt.

On the topic of noisy neighbours.  In my last place the guy over the back fence from me used to cut his grass at 7 in the morning during the summer, on a Sunday.  My next door neighbour soon got him telt.
thats grounds for acceptable homicide imo

I've moaned about this before and I don't actually think it's petty, it's entirely vindicated, but since it's just happened to me again and I'm absolutely furious I'm going to bring it up again.  Dumbarton Health Centre - if you want an appointment you need to phone up when it opens at 8:30am.  That phone line is just a normal phone line, so if someone has called before you it will be engaged and you need to try again.  I've just spent half an hour constantly recalling and getting a busy tone, finally get through and the woman says "sorry no appointments left for today, you'll need to try again tomorrow".  And if I try again tomorrow and the same result? Yeah, try again the next day. I'm honestly astounded this is how a fucking GP operates in 20 fucking 19. How fucking hard is it to install a phone line that adds people to queue and you answer the calls in turn instead of turning into some sort of radio phone in competition. How fucking hard is it to allow people to book an appointment in advance?  I just do not fucking understand.