Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, throbber said:

After my favourite Chinese (Hung Fung) shut down a couple of weeks ago we ordered a different Chinese last night and it was the worst takeaway I have ever had. I’m convinced it was a ready meal out of Farmfoods that they heated up and took to my door and charged me £30 for the privilege. My arse is in bits today as well.

Name and shame?

2 hours ago, throbber said:

After my favourite Chinese (Hung Fung) shut down a couple of weeks ago we ordered a different Chinese last night and it was the worst takeaway I have ever had. I’m convinced it was a ready meal out of Farmfoods that they heated up and took to my door and charged me £30 for the privilege. My arse is in bits today as well.

There's only 2 of you, right? What the f*** did you have?  It was £20.00 tops for 4 of us when we had 4 living here.

14 hours ago, pandarilla said:
15 hours ago, Zen Archer said:
[mention=11914]Shandon Par[/mention]

Clearly you're in the wrong thread. Those look fantastic.

9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Wearing something similar right now. Glad Baker has seen the light. 

3 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

I'm with Pandarilla. I'd love those

Priscilla.jpg

Name and shame?

There's only 2 of you, right? What the f*** did you have?  It was £20.00 tops for 4 of us when we had 4 living here.

It was called Rice Bowls, absolutely disgraceful food so it was!

We always want different things, I wanted some squid and some spicy chips and she wanted soup and then a chow mein so it’s easy to spend more than £20 including delivery.

33 minutes ago, throbber said:

It was called Rice Bowls, absolutely disgraceful food so it was!

We always want different things, I wanted some squid and some spicy chips and she wanted soup and then a chow mein so it’s easy to spend more than £20 including delivery.

In Great Junction Street? Bit out of my delivery area but thanks for the heads up.

BTW according to the review website their food hygiene rating is 'Improvement required'...

Yeah it’s great junction street, we had a Chinese from a place there called Sammies which was also shit but nowhere near as bad as rice bowl. I haven’t left a comment about it yet but think I will actually call just eat and tell them how bad it really was. Was the worst take away I have had by some distance.

Jacksgranda, they charge £2 for delivery. £28 was what the entire thing came do, it’s really not that much to spend when you get a couple of starters in and want different things. The squid cost £6.50 for example. Most of it went in the bin though.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah it’s great junction street, we had a Chinese from a place there called Sammies which was also shit but nowhere near as bad as rice bowl. I haven’t left a comment about it yet but think I will actually call just eat and tell them how bad it really was. Was the worst take away I have had by some distance.

Jacksgranda, they charge £2 for delivery. £28 was what the entire thing came do, it’s really not that much to spend when you get a couple of starters in and want different things. The squid cost £6.50 for example. Most of it went in the bin though.

Those extras soon add up. I still think £30.00 is a bit steep for 2 of you, but I'm not paying for it, so enjoy! (Or not, as it transpired :lol:.)

Those extras soon add up. I still think £30.00 is a bit steep for 2 of you, but I'm not paying for it, so enjoy! (Or not, as it transpired :lol:.)

It probably is quite steep, when it a Chinese we don’t agree on what we want so spend more. It was nothing short of a disgrace what we got served up compared to the Chinese we are used to!

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

It probably is quite steep, when it a Chinese we don’t agree on what we want so spend more. It was nothing short of a disgrace what we got served up compared to the Chinese we are used to!

I know what you mean, once you get a Chinese you like any other one doesn't usually live up to it. We got one recently from a different place, and it was a bit disappointing, tbh, as was one we got before from another one.

when we get a Chinese takeawah it will usually come to about £30. chinese, for some reason, always seems to wirk out alot dearer than any other takeaway. she had one last night, £8 special chow mein, £3.80 salt and pepper chips and £4.50 prawn cocktail plus £2 delivery. £18.30 for one person.

the indian isnt nearly so dear with their meal deal for 2. £14.95 for 2 pilau rice, 2 currys, vegetable pakora, nan bread, popadoms, pakora sauce and onion chutney. plus £2 delivery.

the Chinese in forfar are also a nightmare for making any changes to their set meals. in otherwords no changes!

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

when we get a Chinese takeawah it will usually come to about £30. chinese, for some reason, always seems to wirk out alot dearer than any other takeaway. she had one last night, £8 special chow mein, £3.80 salt and pepper chips and £4.50 prawn cocktail plus £2 delivery. £18.30 for one person.

the indian isnt nearly so dear with their meal deal for 2. £14.95 for 2 pilau rice, 2 currys, vegetable pakora, nan bread, popadoms, pakora sauce and onion chutney. plus £2 delivery.

the Chinese in forfar are also a nightmare for making any changes to their set meals. in otherwords no changes!

That's cheaper than the Indian I use. However, the delivery charge would probably put it up a bit...

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
If I get an Indian there's usually plenty for two with a meal for one.

Indian is difficult to get right. A starter, curry and rice is miles too much for one person.

Curry, bajee, nan and rice is fine for 2.