Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm up at 5.15am so appreciate anything longer in bed at the weekend. Unfortunately I have an old guy above me who shouldn't be living on his own who thumps about the house at all hours, sometimes singing. He shouted out loud at 4 this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. Old b*****d.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I'm up at 5.15am so appreciate anything longer in bed at the weekend. Unfortunately I have an old guy above me who shouldn't be living on his own who thumps about the house at all hours, sometimes singing. He shouted out loud at 4 this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. Old b*****d.

Look on the bright side, he'll be dead soon.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

They also were doing it on Thursday night at 11.30pm which was actually even more annoying than this morning as I was getting up for work at 6.30am. Not going to confront them though unless it continues on for ages. I think other neighbours might confront them anyway as they must be hearing it.

Nothing wrong with having a polite word with them - point out that you have to get up early and ask if they're likely to be working until late at night for much longer. But particularly if they're newly moved in don't go steaming in at full throttle. You're going to have to live next door to them so don't want to fall out from the very start.

46 minutes ago, supermik said:

3D3064A5-34CA-4DB2-AAC8-D012AEE8235B.gif

^^^ Old man living above HD.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Nothing wrong with having a polite word with them - point out that you have to get up early and ask if they're likely to be working until late at night for much longer. But particularly if they're newly moved in don't go steaming in at full throttle. You're going to have to live next door to them so don't want to fall out from the very start.

If it keeps happening I will, especially the late midweek ones, but hoping it was a one time thing.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

You're going to have to live next door to them so don't want to fall out from the very start.

I have new neeburs inbound shortly, they’re just titivating the house up now. I kinda know them, so I’ll give it a fortnight tops before they get telt, then ignored like the rest

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I have new neeburs inbound shortly, they’re just titivating the house up now. I kinda know them, so I’ll give it a fortnight tops before they get telt, then ignored like the rest

Two doors down.JPG

The lassie who was commentating on Shrewsbury vs Wolves for MOTD.

The most irritating voice I've ever heard in commentary. Worse even that Motson. Not only that but she's fucking awful in what she says as well. She uses the most banal cliches and has absolutely nothing original to say. Grating doesn't cover it.

After my favourite Chinese (Hung Fung) shut down a couple of weeks ago we ordered a different Chinese last night and it was the worst takeaway I have ever had. I’m convinced it was a ready meal out of Farmfoods that they heated up and took to my door and charged me £30 for the privilege. My arse is in bits today as well.