Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Please, for the love of god, please stop posting pictures of your minging toes!
It can be arranged for someone to remove them one by one of you don’t...

Whatever price you’ve been quoted I can beat it.

I, for one, welcome our new Hedgecutter Overlord.Either that or he is Santa Claus.

I am the anti-santa (Krampus 2.0), the one that comes around just before Christmas and beats up the naughty people with a big stick in their sleep (most recently some steel toe capped offshore work boots). It's pretty tiring work and the pay is a bit shite tbh, but it's really, really fun.

Thanks to this forum, I can now correlate users with addresses. I know where you live, what you all do, where you'll be at 3pm on a Saturday, where you'll not be at 3pm on a Saturday, what you eat, what you listen to, your politics, what you dream about, what pisses you off and the people you love to hate. Basically, I have everything I need to tailor up the most terrifying night you'll ever experience.

So play nice mother f***ers.

40 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I am the anti-santa (Krampus 2.0), the one that comes around just before Christmas and beats up the naughty people with a big stick in their sleep (most recently some steel toe capped offshore work boots). It's pretty tiring work and the pay is a bit shite tbh, but it's really, really fun.

Thanks to this forum, I can now correlate users with addresses. I know where you live, what you all do, where you'll be at 3pm on a Saturday, where you'll not be at 3pm on a Saturday, what you eat, what you listen to, your politics, what you dream about, what pisses you off and the people you love to hate. Basically, I have everything I need to tailor up the most terrifying night you'll ever experience.

So long as we get out of town before your bus arrives, we're ok.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

"That was a leadership election statement on behalf of Boris Johnston."

use of the word "blitz" in a food preparation/cooking context - how fucking inappropriate is that !

fair enough if 'cleaning my oven like a sonderkommando' or 'unleashing a miniature, dresden-like firestorm to create a wonderful creme brulee' were in common usage, and representative of a broader lexicon of the brutalities of war crossing over in to culinary linguistics, but that is - apparently - not the case, and we are left only with the allusion to the nazi invasion of Poland in late summer of 1939 which was the catalyst for the whole global conflagration to consider; are we supposed to be mindful of the evisceration of tragically overmatched Polish cavalry echelons by German armoured divisions as we mince our pork and herbs ? it's peculiar, and just plain wrong; I disapprove.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It just means fast m90

I believe it means 'lightning' but to HH's point; I suspect that for most people, the word conjures images of death and destruction from WWII. It's a little like the way 'Nazi' has been so overused, it's now simply a synonym for 'anyone who enforces rules.' 

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Heart Breakfast With Jamie Theakston And Amanda Holden

There’s an advert for their show before every film at our local cinema just now. It reminds me never to touch the dial on my in car DAB in case I stumble across that pish.

39 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Speak for yourself but I haven't used Blitz to mean massed assault by two columns of motorised infantry since '45, it's all been smoothies and humus since then.

I had a smoothie earlier with cranberry juice, cardamom, fresh cranberries and blueberries and possibly some other stuff. This isn’t the thread for it but f**k me it was spectacularly good.

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I had a smoothie earlier with cranberry juice, cardamom, fresh cranberries and blueberries and possibly some other stuff. This isn’t the thread for it but f**k me it was spectacularly good.

I'll take your word for it.

There’s an advert for their show before every film at our local cinema just now. It reminds me never to touch the dial on my in car DAB in case I stumble across that pish.
Why do you have a Dundee Utd supporter in your car?

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:
10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Why do you have a Dundee Utd supporter in your car?

It’s for when I want to hear about the 1980s.

Had a filling at the dentist last Monday. He must’ve have nicked the inside of my mouth (which I obviously didn’t feel at the time) as I’ve had a c**t of an ulcer since and it’s showing no signs of disappearing 😠