Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 29/07/2019 at 22:28, coprolite said:

Was in a meeting with the managing partner a couple of months ago when he explained that the firm really wanted to encourage flexible working but wanted to be able to ensure people were working from 9 to 5.

we also have folk that come in at 10 and tut at folk that have been in since 7 for leaving at 4. Ringpieces.

This.

My hours are 9 to 5. I get in at half 7 every morning so generally leave at half 4. If I have a deadline I'll stay as long as it takes. Anyone who has an issue with me leaving at half 4 can go f**k themselves.

This.
My hours are 9 to 5. I get in at half 7 every morning so generally leave at half 4. If I have a deadline I'll stay as long as it takes. Anyone who has an issue with me leaving at half 4 can go f**k themselves.
Even someone on here?

This.
No issue with you leaving at half four mate but bragging about coming into work at half 7 is major w****r territory.

2 minutes ago, Crroma said:
36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:
This.

No issue with you leaving at half four mate but bragging about coming into work at half 7 is major w****r territory.

What can I say, I'm a w****r.

Anyway, I don't think it was out of place in the context of the conversation. I don't come in early for some sort of arse kissing project, I do it because it suits me better and I can leave earlier and enjoy my evening, get exercise done etc. Sorry for any offence caused.

Anyway, I don't think it was out of place in the context of the conversation. I don't come in early for some sort of arse kissing project, I do it because it suits me better and I can leave earlier and enjoy my evening, get exercise done etc. Sorry for any offence caused.
Well y'know in my experience if someone is coming into the office at half 7 they are a career w****r and should be made fun of, doesn't sound like it applies for you but too many folk where i work love coming in at half 7 and leaving at 6

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You come in 1.5 hours early to get away 0.5 hour early? You are the real winner here.

6 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

You come in 1.5 hours early to get away 0.5 hour early? You are the real winner here.

Didn't claim to be. In fact it supports my assertion that anyone getting upset at me not staying to 5 can f**k off.

Our work hours are half 8 to half 5 and there's a guy who always brags that he gets in at half 7 every day as he's so busy.

Needless to say, he's a wanker.  And a Ross County fan unsurprisingly.  I call him Gareth Keenan.

Flexitime is the bollocks in situations such as these.  I get to turn up when I want and pretty much leave when I want.  I've worked a power of additional hours this week already (five and a half by the end of today), but means that once I hit the magic number of +35 hours, I can take a weeks' holiday on top of my annual leave.  Which is great, as I have hardly any holidays left.

I'll fill in for DA Baracus while he's not here.
Why are you turning up at work an hour early for no reason?
Negative

Overly busy?
Level of career demands it.
Dont like sleep
Dont like fun
Like to come across as a hard worker

Positive

Beating traffic