Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Pointless smalltalk conversations

Every week at work

Who've pars got this week?

QOTS at home

You going aye

Yes, I'm going. I've got a season ticket. I've told you this about fifty fucking times.

Two weeks later...

You going aye, do you go to most home games?

Count to ten

Its nice to chat but genuinely some of the patter from OF fans is diabolical. They talk about football all day but couldn't tell you anything worthwhile.
What league are you in noo?

Least they are talking to you , I'm guessing you couldnt just tell them to be quiet as you dont wanna hear it, if its such an issue ?

Least they are talking to you , I'm guessing you couldnt just tell them to be quiet as you dont wanna hear it, if its such an issue ?
Nah, they talk out loud all day long. Its divided into two camps. Talkers and earphone wearers.
Some of it is ok but I've noticed if I work when they're off it's much easier to concentrate. In the grand scheme of things it's not bad. I also dont see why management lets them do it. Occasional chat yes but it's an obvious distraction.

38 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

You get the same over holidays.

’where you going?’ That will be nice.  ‘You looking forward too it?’ ‘Nice to get away from this place eh’.  Yes that’s kinda the whole fucking point,  what’s the use in asking these pointless questions that you don’t actually care about the answer?

You missed the usual one. "Can I go in your suitcase?"

"No, you'd be way over the baggage weight allowance, plus I actually need my suitcase for my clothes."

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Every week at work

QOTS at home

You going aye

Yes, I'm going. I've got a season ticket. I've told you this about fifty fucking times.

Two weeks later...

Count to ten

Its nice to chat but genuinely some of the patter from OF fans is diabolical. They talk about football all day but couldn't tell you anything worthwhile.

There's a guy in my work who is similar to this, although he does appear to pay a bit more attention to Dumbarton games in that he knows the scores etc. It's usually "good/bad result at the weekend for yez!" followed by "you going this week?". I know he doesn't really care but he's one of these fuckers that verbalises every thought.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Wrecked my boiler for making beer this morning. Petty is debatable, what's nit debatable is my seethe levels, which are off the fucking scale

That's a bit harsh on Mrs Bairnardo surely? 

apropos of nothing:

Spoiler

images.jpeg.cea5752a18026938abca5f103f4aa070.jpeg

Just now, tamthebam said:

That's a bit harsh on Mrs Bairnardo surely? 

apropos of nothing:

Hide contents

images.jpeg.cea5752a18026938abca5f103f4aa070.jpeg

I know I am leaving myself wife open here  but I am an honest guy...

I am not ready to laugh about this yet. Genuinely gutted and raging in equal measure. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Wrecked my boiler for making beer this morning. Petty is debatable, what's nit debatable is my seethe levels, which are off the fucking scale

It's His Satanic Majesty The Lord's way of telling you to join the teetotal club on here (aka pietyandbovril).

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

You missed the usual one. "Can I go in your suitcase?"

"No, you'd be way over the baggage weight allowance, plus I actually need my suitcase for my clothes."

Plus, and it’s important to remember, I don’t want you or your shite patter there.

Every week at work

QOTS at home

You going aye

Two weeks later...

Count to ten

My favourite thing about shite football chat at work comes in the run up to an ugly sister's game. When I'm asked who the Sons are playing that week, I'll answer then ask who their team are up against. It is almost always met with incredulity that I don't know it's an old firm match. I know full well but I love the look on there faces.

There's a guy in my work who is similar to this, although he does appear to pay a bit more attention to Dumbarton games in that he knows the scores etc. It's usually "good/bad result at the weekend for yez!" followed by "you going this week?". I know he doesn't really care but he's one of these fuckers that verbalises every thought.
Yeah they're not nasty or anything but it's just half arsed. I find with some OF supporters of english teams they're not really proper football fans. Its more about supporting a winning side and using it for banter.
Sometimes they'll put you down for supporting a wee team when they've been to about two games in the last five years.
I genuinely like to know about all teams and like view from the terrace and off the ball due to their mindset of theres more than rangers and celtic.
TBH in all the places I've worked they've made up the majority of football people and I find the OF talk tedious as f**k.

I’m sure I’ve posted this before but adults asking (ie expecting) you to give them money on their birthday. Grow up.

Also, my next door neighbour has just been wheeled into an ambulance that is parked outside my house and I don’t want to seem nosy by staring but I also want to know what’s wrong with him. Hope he’s alright.