Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

"Too difficult to use" :lol:

Aye, I'm sure it's nothing to do with the fact it probably costs about a third of what the foil did to produce. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

"Too difficult to use" :lol:

Aye, I'm sure it's nothing to do with the fact it probably costs about a third of what the foil did to produce. 

Insert comment about folk who shop in Asda finding butter packaging too difficult to use...

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I expect that's a case for a lot of folk and if people are working I can appreciate they will be happy to get back to normality. But again, the folk I'm referring to don't have that to deal with. Both of them have been off the whole time and it's very much a selfish "i can't wait to get rid of them" attitude they have.

I’ve been off with mine all the way through and had minimal work from home stuff to do. It’s been stressful but I thrive/survive on routine. I also tend to have the Summer holidays timetabled with activities etc 🙈

Mine also go to their dads three nights but I am looking forward to getting routine back. Even just getting them out to meet their friends. My youngest was at school on Friday to applaud her teacher out as she was retiring. One of the mum’s and I got chatting and they ran about. That half hour With her pal running around playground  has helped her so much. Social distancing went out the window between them 🙈

I wouldn’t say I’m at the wanting rid them stage, more I just want them back to being able see friends, go to their clubs and go places we enjoy.

As a single parent it’s been really lonley. Not like I have family nearby to bubble with.

I’ve been off with mine all the way through and had minimal work from home stuff to do. It’s been stressful but I thrive/survive on routine. I also tend to have the Summer holidays timetabled with activities etc [emoji85]
Mine also go to their dads three nights but I am looking forward to getting routine back. Even just getting them out to meet their friends. My youngest was at school on Friday to applaud her teacher out as she was retiring. One of the mum’s and I got chatting and they ran about. That half hour With her pal running around playground  has helped her so much. Social distancing went out the window between them [emoji85]
I wouldn’t say I’m at the wanting rid them stage, more I just want them back to being able see friends, go to their clubs and go places we enjoy.
As a single parent it’s been really lonley. Not like I have family nearby to bubble with.
But again, like DHD that's all fair and doesn't scream of "I can't wait to get rid of my kids". I possibly worded my original message wrongly but to be clear it's those with the selfish attitude of wanting rid of their kids because they can't be bothered spending time with them. Sadly I know two folk like that and I expect there are thousands more across the country.

9 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Weather forecasters have the easiest job in the world imo. "10% chance of rain." What does that even mean? "Aye, it might rain but then again, it might not." Why are they paid for this?

It's because they run hundreds of simulations from given starting conditions and know the proportion of those simulations that end up in particular conditions, eg rain. 

I'm not sure that carol kirkwood and the likes do the computer stuff themselves, but they're paid to be well presented and read out loud clearly. I guess it's more difficult that it looks. 

Happy to help

The issue i have with the weather forecast is the way my wife interprets it. A picture of a raindrop at 4pm, even with 50% written underneath, means that the washing has come in at 3.59 before the rain is due to start but it will definitely be fine until then. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

It's because they run hundreds of simulations from given starting conditions and know the proportion of those simulations that end up in particular conditions, eg rain. 

I'm not sure that carol kirkwood and the likes do the computer stuff themselves, but they're paid to be well presented and read out loud clearly. I guess it's more difficult that it looks. 

Happy to help

It was kinduva facetious question but thank you anyway. As it happens one of my mates is a weather forecaster. Not for a TV station but for the State Government of Colorado. His job is to study weather patterns so that should there ever be an airborne nasty such as nuclear fallout, volcanic ash, vindaloo farts or the like, he can predict where it's going to go and what kind of damage it could cause. I think he's got tired of me shouting at my phone when I'm trying to make plans. "Will I need my fucking rain jacket or not???"

I'm pretty sure that back in the day, the TV weather forecasters were meteorologists by trade and really did do their own studies during the day. Then somebody finally twigged that nobody wanted to look at Michael Fish and we'd all rather hear about it from some blonde wid.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

The issue i have with the weather forecast is the way my wife interprets it. A picture of a raindrop at 4pm, even with 50% written underneath, means that the washing has come in at 3.59 before the rain is due to start but it will definitely be fine until then. 

The Light of my Life has rather an obsession with her Phone Apps (multiple.) If she has 3 errands to run, she'll check the forecast for each location, even when they're only a few miles apart. Then she'll check one of the other apps and gets stressed if they don't match. There's a bank near us that has an electronic clock / thermometer out the front. When we bought our very first brand new car, she was all for taking it back to the dealership to have them look at its thermometer because it was always 2 degrees lower than the bank's.

It really gets on my nerves when the person reading the news on a 3 minute radio news slot finishes off the report by saying their name. They only read a summary of maybe three items, no analysis, no opinions, just reading off a script. Who cares who's reading?

58 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

It really gets on my nerves when the person reading the news on a 3 minute radio news slot finishes off the report by saying their name. They only read a summary of maybe three items, no analysis, no opinions, just reading off a script. Who cares who's reading?

Their mums?

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I hate the attempts to build the folk doing the travel reports into "stars". Prime example being the annoying Richie p***k on Ken Bruce's show.

People who let their kids run up and down the street screaming and shouting from 9 in the morning to 9 at night while they sit in their back gardens drinking.