Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, IainMorton said:

The folded up leaflet inside boxes of tablets.

Be thankful they’re no longer supplied in bottles. They had a wad of cotton wool stuffed in the neck that had a habit of being so fiddly to get out that it ended up further in the bottle and blocking the tablets.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Be thankful they’re no longer supplied in bottles. They had a wad of cotton wool stuffed in the neck that had a habit of being so fiddly to get out that it ended up further in the bottle and blocking the tablets.

Was much quicker to pour a week's worth out though.

Getting them out of the strips leaves my fingers in bits 🤣

41 minutes ago, Snafu said:

In Inverness back to work over the last few weeks has seen a massive increase in road works, pipes and cables going down, traffic on some of our busiest roads down to one lane with traffic lights which take about five minutes to change in charge.

Same happening in Edinburgh, Dundee, Perth etc?

Hard to tell: Edinburgh has been a permanent road work for the last 20 years.

It seems most of it is replacing gas networks although I think Scottish Water has done some sewer replacement.

Been telling the letting agents for months that the wall in our living room was damaged after a leak (the leak got fixed about a month back). 

They sent a decorator out. He popped the ladder up against the wall to have a look, and immediately a huge chunk of plaster fell off the wall. Much bigger job than the letting agent was prepared for, despite us telling them for months.

On the plus side, maybe they'll now listen to us, but still a massive hassle

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

Gah,  curse you Rue Mclanahan!

Ok, she was 2nd youngest, and younger than the actress that that played her daughter. 

I'll give you that...

ETA: Actually, I thought she was the oldest, but I kne Rue McClanahan was the youngest.

Edited by Jacksgranda

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

It was some Dundee-dwelling tramp who was living on margarine m8.

Having Clover on a rowie is hardly trampish, neither is living in the city of Dundee, especially if all you have to compare it to is living off heroin in Greenock.

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Having Clover on a rowie is hardly trampish, neither is living in the city of Dundee, especially if all you have to compare it to is living off heroin in Greenock.

There's perfectly good butter in every shop in the land but you go for the pleb's choice instead. Just like in choosing to live in a hovel like Dundee on Scotland's worst coast, you are very much doing it wrong.

Gutted for you.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

1 hour ago, virginton said:

There's perfectly good butter in every shop in the land but you go for the pleb's choice instead. Just like in choosing to live in a hovel like Dundee on Scotland's worst coast, you are very much doing it wrong.

Gutted for you.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Did Ainsley tell you that? Butter is only good for baked items. I have also lived on the West coast, aye the proper West coast, not like the Glasgow suburb of Greenock on the side of a river, so I can compare both coasts and the East coast certainly is not the worst coast, as you claim chief.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

There's perfectly good butter in every shop in the land

I’m not sure that’s entirely true. Waterstone’s for example, have a very poor selection of dairy based spreadables. 

Edited by Shotgun