Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

52 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

I'm tempted to pop in on my way home now.

Random sports on the telly.

Some tearful country and western on the jukebox.

A Glaswegian Barney Gumble discussing the Suez Crisis with a bewildered French tourist, who is silently regretting leaving Edinburgh for the day.

Or alternatively I might just go straight home👍

49 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The loss of The Vale next door is still being felt.

Don't start me!

5 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Random factoid, the wumman that played Sophia, the oldest Golden Girl, was actually the youngest actress of the 4. 

I knew that for some odd reason!

43 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

If I have to listen to "Daddy. Daddy, look. Daddy look at me" one more time I'm going to lose the nut.

Don't get me wrong I like him and all that but he's relentless.

Can't you go into another room when the milkman arrives?

News channels showing kids opening their exam results for the first time when they've obviously been marked out as being an emotionless straight-A student...

... except when one of the marks turns out to be a B and they go in the huff.   Hahahahaha

Dow's is a real dive, but just too convenient for a pre or post match swift one. The Irish pub round the corner is much nicer, but a bit poncey, so I tend to choose Dow's when using Queens St. 

Central Station it's always The Horseshoe, although it can be a pain the arse trying to get served. 

Edited by Angusfifer

6 hours ago, PWL said:

This. 

My late gran had a terrible habit of pronouncing it with a hard G like you would say 'Margaret'. 

Is the Airdrie pronunciation of Blue Riband, as in the biscuit unique? I know loads of people who pronounce it Bluerie-Band.

There was a police cadet who got called Bluerie-Band Heid, he didn't like it and made people's lives a misery for years when he "graduated".

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

52 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is the Airdrie pronunciation of Blue Riband, as in the biscuit unique? I know loads of people who pronounce it Bluerie-Band.

I used to say it like that. 

As for margarine, I once read a letter in the paper from somebody who pronounced it with a soft G in summer and a hard G in winter.

They're not on Just Eat for this area but it looks like I might be able to order from their app, I shall try it tomorrow. The only 2 that show for this postcode are Mario's and Richy's, both shite.
Wasn't impressed. Home for a week tomorrow so I'll get my last good chippy before coming back down to work for the rest of the year [emoji25]