Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I have also found Macaroni cheese pehs quite hard to come by in Dundee chippers.

I’ll be honest I don’t think I’ve seen one down here. A shocking omission.

Who couldn’t resist the treble carb    dunt of pastry encased pasta and chips.

26 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

Have I missed something?   Nobody has mentioned the 'Mock Chop supper'?     

Can you get a real chop supper?

Real chops became extinct in 1974 hence you can only get mock chops.

Maybe one day they find some jakeys tooth with a wee bit of chop left in it encased in a bit of amber.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’ll be honest I don’t think I’ve seen one down here. A shocking omission.

Who couldn’t resist the treble carb    dunt of pastry encased pasta and chips.

You can get them at the baker, but it's just not the same as from a chipper in Aberdeen. Like when a rowie is attempted anywhere outside Aitkens.

With regards to chip shop suppers, when the hell did the Central Belt decide to ditch one big sausage in favour of two smaller ones btw?  I don't remember ever getting a double-sausage down there 15 years ago, but whenever a CBer comes to Aberdeen these days and only gets one bit of sausage in their sausage supper, all f***ing hell seems to breaks loose. 

We don't do Benny T's, IMHO they are trading on past reputation.If you are in the delivery area Colorado Thistle is on Just Eat [emoji106] definitely recommend, Jeff cooks to order so there is a wait but it is worth it.

They're not on Just Eat for this area but it looks like I might be able to order from their app, I shall try it tomorrow. The only 2 that show for this postcode are Mario's and Richy's, both shite.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

"roasted cheese" is the preferred chav term, I believe.

That term is an abomination. Is the bread on its own called 'roast'? Definitive proof that this is not what the thing is called is that Tam Cowan uses it.

As for the chippy argument, a chippy is a carpenter in certain areas, for example Camberwick Green.

Chippy-Minton-Carpenter-CG23-Camberwick-Green.jpg

Edited by GordonD

I had two toasted butteries (JG Ross) this morning.  F***ing magic.

I've no idea why I never though about toasting them until last year and I feel that losing10+ years of toasted butteries may end up being my biggest regret in life.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

I had two toasted butteries (JG Ross) this morning.  F***ing magic.

I've no idea why I never though about toasting them until last year and I feel that losing10+ years of toasted butteries may end up being my biggest regret in life.

Toasted rowies are the bollocks like, covered in jam! Oh aye! (Nae fae JG Ross though).

Try them in the micro and then cover them in margarine. Sooo fine!

43 minutes ago, Aidan said:
2 hours ago, mac.i said:
We don't do Benny T's, IMHO they are trading on past reputation.If you are in the delivery area Colorado Thistle is on Just Eat emoji106.png definitely recommend, Jeff cooks to order so there is a wait but it is worth it.

They're not on Just Eat for this area but it looks like I might be able to order from their app, I shall try it tomorrow. The only 2 that show for this postcode are Mario's and Richy's, both shite.

To be fair, ordering one delivered is always going to be shite. It'll just be a soggy mush by the time it arrives. 

To be fair, ordering one delivered is always going to be shite. It'll just be a soggy mush by the time it arrives. 
Depends how quick they are from cooking to delivering I suppose, I go to the chippy van in St Cyrus every Friday and it's always fine when I get home, chips and fish wrapped separate is the way to do it.

Also did you end up taking my recommendation for food in Montrose the other week?

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Also did you end up taking my recommendation for food in Montrose the other week?

No mate, holidays got changed. I'll get a few folk and have a piss up in Mo some weekend and will start off there for food though. 

Edited by Mr. Alli