Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nicola Sturgeon? 

Try again.

And this time try to picture 2 sets of drunk half wits fighting on the pitch at Hampden after an incredibly boring cup final.

Thanks to them I have to stop drinking for over 2 HOURS!!! when I go to a game. I don't how I've coped all these years.

1 minute ago, Academically Deficient said:

Try again.

And this time try to picture 2 sets of drunk half wits fighting on the pitch at Hampden after an incredibly boring cup final.

Fucking Hibs fans! I knew it! 

The proclaimer proclaiming b*****ds. 

And yet there were still people giving it the, "could be in a nice* council flat if they wanted"

Tbf, in the cases where the homeless person has a pet this is true. They won't home someone with a pet which is pretty shitty IMO. Obviously the companionship of the pet is more important than a roof over their head; which would be the same choice I'd make as well.

* This part is questionable mind you. I doubt it would be luxury accommodation they are offered.

On 17/09/2020 at 20:39, Hedgecutter said:

Ah, fair enough.

In that case, even though it's probably been said a million times on here, the 'sangwich' brigade deserve a good beating.  Where's the G in sandwich?  Where?!

Depends what you have in it, I suppose.

On 18/09/2020 at 01:05, scottmcleanscontacts said:

On a similar enough vain something that pisses me off to the end of the earth is football people - be it fans, commentators or whomever - who say things like Meelan, Barthalona, Saveeya and pronounce players names in some sort of faux Spanish/French/German/whatever.

Fucking melts.

Aye, pretentious c***s.

11 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Fucking Hibs fans! I knew it! 

The proclaimer proclaiming b*****ds. 

I’ve always argued that the 2016 final is an argument for allowing us to drink at the football again because a riot occurred even when it was banned.

On 19/09/2020 at 11:20, throbber said:

I ordered a rather unique item off amazon for £7 last night and got an email today saying it had been dispatched and would arrive on 16 th October - is it being taken to Edinburgh by horseback from East Asia?

If she's coming from Bangkok she'll have to spend a couple of weeks in quarantine.

Edited by GordonD

Try again.
Thanks to them I have to stop drinking for over 2 HOURS!!! when I go to a game. I don't how I've coped all these years.

I don’t think it would take too much effort to change the rules to have drinking at the game as the default option and give the police the ability to nominate specifics games (every game involving the OF). Jim Murphy’s a fanny but it was quite funny to watch loads of Scottish nationalists condemn the idea of their fellow countrymen having a bevvy at the game in far harsher terms than the worst Home Counties xenophobic aristocrat.

ehh.. it was one prong among many to try to martial the fitba watching male vote towards Labour. You can plot a lot of this stuff from 'smoking is one of the working man's few remaining pleasures' John Reid to 'pints at the fitba' Jim Murphy to 'repeal the OBFA *short pause* my word all this renewed sectarianism is terrible someone should do something' John Kelly. It's all very cynical, targeted and not particularly effective in any case. Nothing wrong with pointing that out. There's good reasons majorities of Scottish society don't agree with any of this stuff, but that's too diffuse a group to matter when you're trying to win Glasgow seats back off your hated enemy.

I wasn’t trying to praise Murphy there and it was a cynical vote grab but much like Detournement has a load of people on here contorting themselves into knots you had Scottish nationalists doing much the same when trying to justify why it was fine for some level of bevvy drinking down south and abroad and completely not under no circumstances up here.

In truth I dont pine for the days when you could drink at the game. In reality it wasn't that great at the time. The rivers of urine on the Hampden slopes are not missed by me.

It's just enjoyable casting it up to the cheeks, that's all. 

Also, I don't think there's any real demand to bring it back, and it would be as likely to drive away as many as it would attract?

Besides, Accies fans are foul and abusive enough sober. What remains of the "family" element would be driven away for good if you get in-match bevvy into them 😆

There have been a few pretty accurate coin-throwing incidents at games over the last few years, so surely the introduction of drinking at games would have a big effect on hand/eye co-ordination thus meaning coins landing directly on the bonces of linesmen, Neil Lennon etc would be less likely. 

12 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

There have been a few pretty accurate coin-throwing incidents at games over the last few years, so surely the introduction of drinking at games would have a big effect on hand/eye co-ordination thus meaning coins landing directly on the bonces of linesmen, Neil Lennon etc would be less likely. 

I struggle to hit colours on the dart board sober, and even though I'm not quite racking up the 180s after a few drinks, I can at least start to get all three darts landing on the board.

So there. It's science.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

In truth I dont pine for the days when you could drink at the game. In reality it wasn't that great at the time. The rivers of urine on the Hampden slopes are not missed by me.

It's just enjoyable casting it up to the cheeks, that's all. 

Also, I don't think there's any real demand to bring it back, and it would be as likely to drive away as many as it would attract?

Besides, Accies fans are foul and abusive enough sober. What remains of the "family" element would be driven away for good if you get in-match bevvy into them 😆

Even if drink was allowed it won't go back to the days of carrying 24 cans in. You'll be sold watery push in a plastic tumbler.

However, non-league, having a pint in sight of the pitch is very civilised.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’d be all for taking a couple of cans* in with you but f**k queuing for a plastic tumbler at half time.

*not Tennents

....and having to drink it out of sight of the pitch, as in England, would be pish.

The drink ban didn't come in for no reason. We have a significant number who can't behave themselves when drink's involved.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

....and having to drink it out of sight of the pitch, as in England, would be pish.

The drink ban didn't come in for no reason. We have a significant number who can't behave themselves when drink's involved.

But most of these people will be drinking heavily enough before the game. Watery overpriced beer in the stadium won't make a difference, or somehow make people behave worse. And the bigger problem is probably those doing ching in the toilets.