Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I ordered a rather unique item off amazon for £7 last night and got an email today saying it had been dispatched and would arrive on 16 th October - is it being taken to Edinburgh by horseback from East Asia?
Things bought from third party sellers on Amazon generally arrive much earlier than their anticipated date, unless they are being literally shipped from the Far East. In which case, 16th October is optimistic.

Kerry dig ee on (Ceredigion). When I first moved to Mid Wales people were astonished that I could easily pronounce place names but our hard ch sound is identical to the ll you encounter in the Gogg, Machynlleth or Llangollen is easy for us to pronounce whereas an English person living in Shropshire haven't a hope in hell of saying it properly even though they are just across the border.
It stands to reason that we will have more ease pronouncing other Celtic languages.

It also makes our attempts at being a ponce when trying to say things like 'Paree' or 'Valenthiah' sound fucking stupid.

The pronunciation of James as "Hamez".
f**k him, if he wanted a Spanish pronunciation of his name he should have changed it to Thiago.
He's James to me and that's the end of it. Like you say, plenty of other options for genuine Spanish pronunciation - Santiago, Diego etc.

Or Hamish [emoji28]

6 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Does it trip when the oven actually comes on/fires up? New heat element needed. If it’s just when you’re fiddling with the clock that’s maybe more serious. Don’t have nightmares!

Nah it’s when i’m fiddling with the clock and timer settings sadly! You know what it could be?

2 hours ago, zidane's child said:

Nah it’s when i’m fiddling with the clock and timer settings sadly! You know what it could be?

It’s not a good sign if it just trips the electric when not doing much. I’m not saying it will definitely electrocute you but may be an idea to get it PAT tested, though for that you’re probably half way to the cost of a new oven. 

So far today I’ve painted a bathroom, a shower room, and six ceilings. 8k run with the dog. Been to Stephens bakery. Unsuccessfully tried it on with Mrs Par (interrupted by dog - he gets protective if anyone comes near me). And folk question the need for lots of caffeine. And I forgot my gloves. 

EF418E7A-4296-4AB6-8337-14A7336BED52.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

It’s not a good sign if it just trips the electric when not doing much. I’m not saying it will definitely electrocute you but may be an idea to get it PAT tested, though for that you’re probably half way to the cost of a new oven. 

Unless I’m mistaken an oven isn’t a portable device ya maniac. 

17 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

You use an ATM machine when getting money from the bank do you? Don't make me drive up there.

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

So far today I’ve painted a bathroom, a shower room, and six ceilings. 8k run with the dog. Been to Stephens bakery. Unsuccessfully tried it on with Mrs Par (interrupted by dog - he gets protective if anyone comes near me). And folk question the need for lots of caffeine. And I forgot my gloves. 

Is the picture a result of the rejection from Mrs Par?

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

I’ve sat on my arse out the back enjoying the sun most of the day.