Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I thought that buying one of these was a good idea.

See the source image

The instructions don't tell you it's for outdoor use only.

Utter fucking carnage as you create a vortex that re-fucking-decorates your kitchen.

Just takes a bit of practice and a small jug.

I seem to have encountered more than my fair share of utter moon-howlers this weekend.

Got shouted at for the heinous crime of crossing the road to avoid having to walk our big, nervous dog past an unknown man on a narrow pavement. So nice of said guy to wait until I was in the middle of the road to shout across asking what my fucking problem was and why was I crossing the street to avoid him.

Yesterday got loudly accussed of jumping the queue in the supermarket when I'd been there the entire time. Said shouty chap did get shouted at in turn by myself and others in the queue so that turned out to be quite amusing.

I get that everyone is on edge just now, but I'm not understanding the logic of lashing out at random strangers.

I seem to have encountered more than my fair share of utter moon-howlers this weekend.
Got shouted at for the heinous crime of crossing the road to avoid having to walk our big, nervous dog past an unknown man on a narrow pavement. So nice of said guy to wait until I was in the middle of the road to shout across asking what my fucking problem was and why was I crossing the street to avoid him.
Yesterday got loudly accussed of jumping the queue in the supermarket when I'd been there the entire time. Said shouty chap did get shouted at in turn by myself and others in the queue so that turned out to be quite amusing.
I get that everyone is on edge just now, but I'm not understanding the logic of lashing out at random strangers.
This is definitely something that has become more of a common theme.

In the queue at a petrol station during the week and an older gent walked in, stood between me and the person in front, then looked at me and pointed at the markings on the floor to suggest I step back. In the nicest possible way I explained that, seeing as I'd not moved from that spot for a minute or so and he was the newcomer he should rethink his comment. Got a heap of mumbled cheek for my trouble. Great times.

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I had the misfortune of having a naga curry many years ago and still get flashbacks.  It was a lovely little English pub which said on the menu try our world famous Naga curry, now it being a quaint little pub I assumed it would just be a normal curry with the advertbeing  just a wee laugh.

It arrived and after about two or three forkfulls the heat started to hit me, I kept going and managed about ten before having to quit.  The heat was incredible and I remember going outside and leaning over the wall with my tongue hanging out.   My mouth was pretty much on fire and as for the next morning oh ya fucker.

Great times

Ah, those mornings when you wish you'd put the bog roll in the fridge the night before.

On 01/11/2020 at 01:58, DiegoDiego said:
On 31/10/2020 at 14:28, 18May1991 said:
Intrigued by this. Don’t think I’ve ever stayed in a hotel with a ‘shared kitchen’. Any examples? 

It's very rare that I stay in a hotel in the UK but I've been in a good number overseas with communal kitchens. The last one I can remember was in Balkhash.

I suppose the ones in the UK have restaurants so the last thing they want to do is to encourage people to "cook" their own food brought in from outside.