Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

That picture's about four years out of date

I retract my earlier comment. Upon receipt of the news these chocolates are about 3 years past their sell by I would be expecting a much cheaper price point. 

On 25/12/2020 at 12:46, welshbairn said:

Just realised I've been a massive idiot. Sent my sister in NZ a kit for making Crowdie cheese for her Christmas, and slipped in an envelope stuffed with cash from our Mother. I  put "craft kit box" on the customs label as any food stuffs and cash are illegal to post. It hasn't arrived and both have likely been confiscated. The cheese kit was only worth about £20 so not too worried about that, but it was insane not sending the cash separately inside a Christmas card, just to save a couple of quid.

Relax everybody, it arrived today!

Aren’t bath sheets bigger than bath towels therefor a different thing?
Not in the case which spurred the post, but regardless that's why we have words like large and small. The terminology has been fine for centuries, mixing it up is unnecessary pretentiousness.

Just had to go get my car which is away for the winter out of my lock up to jump start my van. Didnt realise the car must have a slow puncture and the tyre was flat (good thing I checked) and I only had a foot pump to inflate it with.

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not in the case which spurred the post, but regardless that's why we have words like large and small. The terminology has been fine for centuries, mixing it up is unnecessary pretentiousness.

These towels are small but those ones are far away. Small. Far away...

23 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope you’re not accusing moi of pretentiousness.

I hope you’re not accusing moi of pretentiousness.

Actually I've just done a bit of research and the term was commonly used in nineteenth century technical and scientific publications (but never prose) then vanished only to reappear around the time Steve Archibald left East Fife. Coincidence..?