Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Dairy and chicken in a hot environment for 16 hours. It probably would be okay, but not convinced enough I won’t be shitting myself for the next day or two so I won’t be eating it.

I must have a fairly strong constitution. If there's stuff like that left, I mix in the rice and leave it covered in the pan.

On 29/12/2020 at 21:27, Gaz said:

Was this a teacher in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK?

I didn't catch it. Being Radio 5 it was probably England. She was a head teacher urging whatever government it is to close the schools for the foreseeable.

I saw your point on unpaid weeks, but you're paid to work for 195 days. That's not too bad a deal. Whatever the other days are, is frankly irrelevant.

Knowing a couple of teachers and listening to what they have to put up with, I'd rather be a destitute than teach in a school. Feral kids, worse parents and marking in their spare time; bloody awful.

We've agreed not to talk about their holidays / non-working time to save arguments.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I must have a fairly strong constitution. If there's stuff like that left, I mix in the rice and leave it covered in the pan.

Same here. But I have a cold house so it's like leaving in in the fridge anyway.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think depositing it in the pan is his main worry.

A small mistake when trimming facial hair has resulted in me being clean shaven for first time in a while (and all the skin blotches with it) currently look like a cross between joaquin phoenix joker and Jim carreys andy kauffman.

Thank f**k for masks

Some bunch of utter fucking bellends a couple of streets away are setting off fireworks. It's fucking 9 o'clock for f**k sake
Just heard some really loud fireworks. Look outside and some dafties are setting them off at the corner of the street across from me. The guy is letting wee kids chuck (small) fireworks onto the road as cars as passing by. I stay on a main road in Glasgow.

The question is, should I philpy them??

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Some bunch of utter fucking bellends a couple of streets away are setting off fireworks. It's fucking 9 o'clock for f**k sake

I don't know if you live anywhere near me or if this is a thing Dundee wide, same thing happening here.

Melts.

14 minutes ago, Markka said:

Just heard some really loud fireworks. Look outside and some dafties are setting them off at the corner of the street across from me. The guy is letting wee kids chuck (small) fireworks onto the road as cars as passing by. I stay on a main road in Glasgow.

I'll philpy your head into a fucking wall.

I will assume a driver or neighbour beat me to it, as a polis car turned up just after I posted this.

I've witnessed dafties lighting fireworks during daylight hours or in heavy fog when I stayed in Ayrshire, but literally rolling them onto a main road in traffic is a different sort of mental.

11 hours ago, Markka said:

Throw a bucket of water over them. Assuming they're still there when the kettle has boiled.