Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I came on to post about one thing but realised today loads of things are bugging me. So I guess the problem is me 🤣 PTTGOYN today:

- Kid on the train playing some kind of kids audio book but playing the same thing over, and over, and over, and over...

- Weird bloke on the same train lighting something that was def not a cigarette and acting in a nervy and really suspect manner. Got off at Dumbarton fortunately.

- Folk leaving a ton of litter around the beach at Loch Lomond and making the place a total tip.

- Group of workmen evaluating loudly whether they’d have sex with me just because I have the audacity to be walking ahead of them.

- Work getting in touch on my day off because two books are missing from and assessment.

Apart from all of that it’s actually been a great day out!

On 08/04/2021 at 23:19, tamthebam said:

I'd put the bin out tonight but it's blawing a hoolie and the bin will be halfway down the street by tomorrow morning so I'll have to put it out tomorrow morning in the hope the scaffies don't come too early.

I've lost two food bins due to the wind blowing them away before. Despite them having the door number on them it was probably too much effort for whoever found them to return them.

A lot of streets have the same door nrs. Our number is 9, and there are 3 other 9s in the village.

But it wouldn't matter, as we don't have our number on ours.

On 09/04/2021 at 10:29, GordonD said:

Scaffies are the road sweepers, surely? You're talking about the bucket men.

Though they both do a fine job and we'd be lost without them.

No, scaffies are bin men

5 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

His phone is for his convenience.  Not yours. 

Very common attitude these days. Expecting instant replies to everything. Very needy. 

This response was brought to you by an old man who often yells at clouds :)

I sometimes get quite annoyed when folk ring my mobile!

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I sometimes get quite annoyed when folk ring my mobile!

When my mum started going mad, the first sign of it was her giving folk a bollocking for ringing her mobile. She would tell them the call was costing her £2k and that it would drain the battery. 

15 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

When my mum started going mad, the first sign of it was her giving folk a bollocking for ringing her mobile. She would tell them the call was costing her £2k and that it would drain the battery. 

Well, it drains the battery. Not sure about the £2,000.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

🤣 Got off at Dumbarton fortunately.

Nowhere near as much fun as getting off at Haymarket, trust me. 

EDIT : though the experience varies, depending on which of Dumbarton's 3 marvellous stations you get off at.

Edited by Boghead ranter

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I came on to post about one thing but realised today loads of things are bugging me. So I guess the problem is me 🤣 PTTGOYN today:

- Kid on the train playing some kind of kids audio book but playing the same thing over, and over, and over, and over...

- Weird bloke on the same train lighting something that was def not a cigarette and acting in a nervy and really suspect manner. Got off at Dumbarton fortunately.

- Folk leaving a ton of litter around the beach at Loch Lomond and making the place a total tip.

- Group of workmen evaluating loudly whether they’d have sex with me just because I have the audacity to be walking ahead of them.

- Work getting in touch on my day off because two books are missing from and assessment.

Apart from all of that it’s actually been a great day out!

That's absolutely shite behaviour and I bet they all thought it was hilarious. I imagine if someone sat down and spoke to them about it they'd say it was all 'a laugh' and would probably get angry when told it's actually sexual harassment and not in any way funny or fun.

It's always so disheartening to hear of this sort of garbage and shows that far too many folk still have a far way to go in terms of how they treat women.

I know that you seem to be laughing it off, but that sort of shit shouldn't be happening and I'm sorry that it did.

I've never quite worked out what's going on in the heads of men who loudly perv on random women, especially considering they generally seem to be married and produce the "no harm in looking/I'd never actually do anything" lines. Even if they're full of it, surely nobody's ever got their hole with this behaviour?

Naturally, perving over pictures of attractive ladies on popular football forums is entirely natural behaviour and to be encouraged  :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's absolutely shite behaviour and I bet they all thought it was hilarious. I imagine if someone sat down and spoke to them about it they'd say it was all 'a laugh' and would probably get angry when told it's actually sexual harassment and not in any way funny or fun.

It's always so disheartening to hear of this sort of garbage and shows that far too many folk still have a far way to go in terms of how they treat women.

I know that you seem to be laughing it off, but that sort of shit shouldn't be happening and I'm sorry that it did.

Arseholes will be arseholes. I wouldn’t mind, but I wouldn’t have touched any of them with a fucking cattle prod. Maybe I should have told them that 🤔

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Arseholes will be arseholes. I wouldn’t mind, but I wouldn’t have touched any of them with a fucking cattle prod. Maybe I should have told them that 🤔

That sort of behaviour makes my blood boil. If it happens again, tell them to meet you somewhere in an hour, message me and I’ll come and give them a sound thrashing. 

32 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I'll quietly perv on passing men/woman but to heckle people isn't on. 

Yeah I mean, it’s not like I don’t admire guys if they are good looking, but at least keeping it quiet and subtle means nobody gets creeped out.

I was already a bit intimidated in walking in front of a group of guys anyway but felt a bit seedy after hearing them talk like that. 

7 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

That sort of behaviour makes my blood boil. If it happens again, tell them to meet you somewhere in an hour, message me and I’ll come and give them a sound thrashing. 

Well that’s a very kind offer!

Considering that, recently on another thread, there was a wee gang bitterly whining about how women shouldn't be allowed to give paid opinions on football matches involving men, we might see some "old-school common sense" passing this way soon  :whistle

Arseholes will be arseholes. I wouldn’t mind, but I wouldn’t have touched any of them with a fucking cattle prod. Maybe I should have told them that [emoji848]
Aye but lets face it. You could look like Mila Kunis and still say you wouldn't go near them and their reaction would be to dismiss your appearance to save face in front of their dickhead pals.