Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Another numpty here who had never considered that autocorrect is something that can be switched off.

I'd imagine it saves a bit of time for the folk wot like using the big large words tho.

Went to deliver a letter to a colleague's house today, and figured I'd say hi, considering I've not seen them in months. Went to chap the door and found a big smear of blood down the side of my hand; looked like I'd somehow sliced my pinky open. Stuffed the letter through the box and quickly made my escape.

Got home, rinsed my hand off, and there's no cut anywhere to be seen. Walked straight there from the house and never had my hands out of my pockets. There are no marks on my jacket  :blink:

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Went to deliver a letter to a colleague's house today, and figured I'd say hi, considering I've not seen them in months. Went to chap the door and found a big smear of blood down the side of my hand; looked like I'd somehow sliced my pinky open. Stuffed the letter through the box and quickly made my escape.

Got home, rinsed my hand off, and there's no cut anywhere to be seen. Walked straight there from the house and never had my hands out of my pockets. There are no marks on my jacket  :blink:

Stigmata.

Just now, EvilScotsman said:

Stigmata.

A better man would channel that into a successful career in televangelism. Curse this lack of ambition.

Anyway, another thing that's been pissing me off: the number of adverts, TV and online, that pretend to be influencer videos. I've been kidding myself that influencers must be successful because people grow to trust their advice, because why else would anyone pay attention to them. You'd have to be a complete imbecile. This advertising trend implies that all it takes to sell a product is some well-presented lassie to talk at the viewer and say "THIS GOOD! YOU BUY!", and that people are utter morons after all.

This existence never fails to disappoint.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

You didn't pass by a painter's ladder and found that @Abby Normal had dripped blood from yet another stupid injury onto you from above?

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

You didn't pass by a painter's ladder and found that @Abby Normal had dripped blood from yet another stupid injury onto you from above?

He is quite the self-harmer, isn't he?

Eye-gouging tends to be the most commonly-threatened form of self-abuse, but he doesn't f**k about.

Just now, BFTD said:

He is quite the self-harmer, isn't he?

Eye-gouging tends to be the most commonly-threatened form of self-abuse, but he doesn't f**k about.

I think he's covering up domestic abuse from the cat and the hound!

My energy supplier for combined gas and electricity is Bulb. I pay them £60 per month by direct debit and have been sitting on a credit balance for a long while now. I got a statement last week saying I've used £100+ recently and my balance is now reduced. Something which is impossible as I haven't been in the property. Took meter readings, sent them in and it turns out they were miles wrong with "assumed figures" and I'm in £217.70 credit. Happy days. So I told them I'll reduce my direct debit as I'm obviously consistently paying for more tha  I use and to pay me back the balance. Their response? "If you want the money back we can give you half but only if you increase your monthly payments to £85. This is for your benefit to prevent you falling into debt". A quick angry email explaining the concept of both direct debits and extortion and a quick complaint to ofgen and the money was credited back to me yesterday. Shower of c***s. Any recommended energy suppliers?

6 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

My energy supplier for combined gas and electricity is Bulb. I pay them £60 per month by direct debit and have been sitting on a credit balance for a long while now. I got a statement last week saying I've used £100+ recently and my balance is now reduced. Something which is impossible as I haven't been in the property. Took meter readings, sent them in and it turns out they were miles wrong with "assumed figures" and I'm in £217.70 credit. Happy days. So I told them I'll reduce my direct debit as I'm obviously consistently paying for more tha  I use and to pay me back the balance. Their response? "If you want the money back we can give you half but only if you increase your monthly payments to £85. This is for your benefit to prevent you falling into debt". A quick angry email explaining the concept of both direct debits and extortion and a quick complaint to ofgen and the money was credited back to me yesterday. Shower of c***s. Any recommended energy suppliers?

Don’t tell Bulb but they sent me a final bill for (£140) an old place recently, even though I’d long since closed the account based on readings. Looked like they’d taken a reading from the new person about 3 weeks after she moved in and billed me for her first few weeks. After many calls and emails explaining this bill was an error and needed to be sent to the new person they sent me a credit for £140. Couldn’t be bothered explaining to them I didn’t need a credit and simply wanted them to send their bill to someone else. 

Started with Shell recently. Seem quick enough to reply to emails etc. 

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I'm with Pure Planet mainly because they offset carbon but they were also 2nd cheapest I think they were very easy to switch to compared to the ball ache of trying to leave Bulb

Had to go into the office yesterday to organise a few things for colleagues and it was like a fucking freezer so today I've woken up with a blocked nose. Presumably the heating is off at work as everyone is WFH at the moment.

A mate of mine has his phone on silent all the time. He says if you want to speak to him, you should text first to arrange a time to call upon which he'll be ready for your call.

He doesn't have a particularly busy life, works from home, lives alone etc. Just a bad-mannered ignoramous. Rips my fucking knitting

Edited by madwullie

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

A mate of mine has his phone on silent all the time. He says if you want to speak to him, you should text first to arrange a time to call upon which he'll be ready for your call.

Watched the Bill too much during his younger days, IMO. 

12 minutes ago, madwullie said:

He doesn't have a particularly busy life, works from home, lives alone etc. Just a bad-mannered ignoramous. Rips my fucking knitting

I have some sympathy with his approach.

It would be considered a bit rude to just rock up to someone's house/office and demand they drop everything to speak to you, there's not much difference with a phone call.