Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I leave my house 75 minutes before catching a flight from Inverness, and still have time for a pint before boarding. :)

Nightmarish behaviour. Even when I'm getting a train or bus from Aberdeen I'm in the city centre a good 45 mins before departure. Planes it's at least a couple of hours. Time to relax, read and stare into space. Perfect.

My own pttgomn is simply when people call initialisms acronyms. It's truly petty.

People sprinting to get on a plane first are almost certainly arseholes with 6 carry on bags, holding up everyone in the aisle then staring at people when they eventually sit down.

9 hours ago, milton75 said:

RE the planes and buses, etc. 

Anyone that gets up and queues may as well announce that they are a moron to the room. 

Maybe true in the UK, but for example when I lived in Hong Kong the difference between being 1st off the train and last off could mean an extra 30 minutes in a taxi queue.  Or an extra 10 minutes waiting on the next train which could mean being late for work or an appointment.  

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Simples.

72F105A6-93B9-4A17-8B6B-91F603BA7A05.jpeg

All my collections are on a Tuesday and sometimes brown bin one a Wednesday. It's interesting to see how other cultures live.

ETA yes that's right I can afford the brown bin permit 

20210828_131052.jpg

Edited by invergowrie arab

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why have retired footballers never heard of the word "those"? 

Joe Cole - "them players"

"them type of teams"

"them clips we just showed".

The majority of the population of Northern Ireland has never heard of it either.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Simples.

72F105A6-93B9-4A17-8B6B-91F603BA7A05.jpeg

If we had that sort of system our next door neighbour would be worn to a shadow bringing the bins back up the entry. See the source image We have a collection every Friday - one week it's the black bin, the other week it's the brown and blue bins.