Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, red23 said:

When did i say i wasn't staying at home to save the deposit? i made that sacrifice rather than having my own place, it wasn't a pleasant choice believe me but it was to make the best use of my cash which others classmates/friends did't do.

You said how easy it was for you to save over half of your £10,000 wages, implying anyone who couldn't save was lazy, but neglected to mention you were a student living with mummy and daddy. "Sacrifice", bloody hell, you must have been the life and soul of the party. If you'd gone to any, that is.

Edited by Cyclizine

12 hours ago, red23 said:

I've got no reason to lie but i can expand. 

ex had 2 kids got support from her kids dad who worked offshore and family. 

EVERYONE spunked the money away on nonsense not just computers - i knew because funny enough i was in a class with them and the discussion of what they bought was brought up regularly.

20k job but rented property 

Chose to stay at home extra year to save up deposit unlike mates. When i moved in to my first flat i was on 18k a year and lived quite comfortably despite a £650 mortgage so i'm not sure what people are doing. Flat was bought for 90k.

As you see from the other replies some folk assume i had a sad life sitting in all the time? no i was just cautious and just knew how not to waste my money and save it for important things like going out getting pished.

You're being incredibly disingenuous.

No mention of the guy on the dole who was spending £30 on takeaways every single night? I was on the dole once. It was awful. Think it was about £60 a week, paid fortnightly.

How long ago was this college class? Remarkable that every single person wasted their money every single month. Why were you asking every single person in the class what they spent their money on every single month? Did you have a survey ready to go on the first of each month? Given that student loans are means tested on parental income, it's an incredible anomaly of statistics that everyone was getting the same loan to be able to spend on the same things. What computers were every single person getting every single month by the way? In your survey did you ask them why they all had multiple computers? What did they do with 7/8/9 computers? Did you collate receipts?

I've been to university, more times than I should have. I never knew every single person in every single class (there wasn't a 'single class' given each one was different depending on courses and modules). I certainly heard of folk spunking their cash away mind. Definitely not uncommon. But I never once heard of EVERY SINGLE PERSON in a class do it EVERY SINGLE MONTH. The classes were often too big to know everyone for a start, and I would certainly not start asking every single person every single month what they plan to do with their student loan instalment. I knew plenty of folk who had to work at the same time to support themselves. They certainly weren't spending their student loan every single month on computers and phones.

£20k job but rented a new build? Alone?

As others have pointed out, not everyone has the option to stay at home and work. A £650 a month mortgage on £18k? How? What banks were lending that to you? How did you get a credit history, something most banks demand before they lend? A £90k flat where you are paying £650 a month means you'd pay it off in just over 11 years. Presumably you didn't actually get an 11 and a half year mortgage and you mean you were overpaying your mortgage? With council tax, home insurance, power and food bills on top of that, on an £18k a year salary? Fine margins there.

Edited by DA Baracus

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You're being incredibly disingenuous.

No mention of the guy on the dole who was spending £30 on takeaways every single night? I was on the dole once. It was awful. Think it was about £60 a week, paid fortnightly.

How long ago was this college class? Remarkable that every single person wasted their money every single month. Why were you asking every single person in the class what they spent their money on every single month? Did you have a survey ready to go on the first of each month. Given that student loans are means tested on parental income, it's an incredible anomaly of statistics that everyone was getting the same loan to be able to spend on the same thing. What computers were every single person getting every single month by the way? In your survey did you ask them why they all had multiple computers? What did they do with 7/8/9 computers? Did you collate receipts?

I've been to university, more times that I should have. I never knew every single person in every single class (there wasn't a 'single class' given each one was different depending on courses and modules). I certainly heard of folk spunking their cash away mind. Definitely not uncommon. But I never once heard of EVERY SINGLE PERSON in a class do it EVERY SINGLE MONTH. The classes were often too big to know everyone for a start, and I would certainly not start asking every single person every single month what they plan to do with their student loan instalment. I knew plenty of folk who had to work at the same time to support themselves. They certainly weren't spending their student loan every single month on computers and phones.

£20k job but rented new build? Alone?

As others have pointed out, not everyone has the option to stay at home and work. A £650 a month mortgage on £18k? How? What banks were lending that to you? How did you get a credit history, something most banks demand before they lend? A £90k flat where you are paying £650 a month means you'd pay it off in just over 11 years. Presumably you didn't actually get an 11 and a half year mortgage and you mean you were overpaying your mortgage? With council tax, home insurance, power and food bills on top of that, on an £18k a year salary? Fine margins there.

A £650 a month mortgage is easily manageable if his maw has paid the £300k deposit

7 hours ago, RH33 said:

18k would give you lending of 68k. So why would you be paying £650 on a mortgage? Before I moved out we were £50 less than that on a £125k mortgage.

His figures are blatantly made up. Which makes me wonder; why bother?

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

If you're in the supermarket and you have a full trolley of messages and the c**t behind you has one item and a seriously fucking grumpy baby in his arms and your first reaction isn't "you go first", you're a c**t. 

@Stormzy

If you're in the supermarket and you have a full trolley of messages and the c**t behind you has one item.

Could have left it at that tbh. Absolute arsehole behaviour not to let them ahead of you. It irritates me so much that it sends me into an internal rage even if I'm the 3rd person and the 1st person doesn't let the 2nd (one item) person ahead of them.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Could have left it at that tbh. Absolute arsehole behaviour not to let them ahead of you. It irritates me so much that it sends me into an internal rage even if I'm the 3rd person and the 1st person doesn't let the 2nd (one item) person ahead of them.

If you only have one item, why have you picked the queue behind the guy with the full trolley?

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It was Aldi.  They were all busy. 

Where does the line get drawn? If someone only has a half full trolley, do they get precedence over a full one?

I've never understood the seethe over the person who arrives at the till first getting served first