Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I do love Alloa, but the council needs to run spatial awareness training courses. As you leave a shop here, it's almost compulsory to stop immediately in the doorway and check your pockets/handbag/carrier bags for your wallet/purse/vibrating appliances, blissfully ignorant of the people behind you're blocking the exit from.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

I do love Alloa, but the council needs to run spatial awareness training courses. As you leave a shop here, it's almost compulsory to stop immediately in the doorway and check your pockets/handbag/carrier bags for your wallet/purse/vibrating appliances, blissfully ignorant of the people behind you're blocking the exit from.

Is that better or worse than the ones who just pile straight onto the street without looking and wipe out other pedestrians?

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Get a lot of that here too.

Completely oblivious to their surroundings, either that or they do it on purpose 😐

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is that better or worse than the ones who just pile straight onto the street without looking and wipe out other pedestrians?

That only happens because I've stuck a foot in their arse to get them moving.

But aye, I presume they're the same p***ks you occasionally see looking surprised after walking straight into lamp posts.

Swamped in marking at the moment. One assessment I did was ask students to undertake a critical analysis of a published academic journal article. I'm part way through the marking when one student said that the article had copied its text and results from an earlier article. 

No way, I thought. 

So I downloaded both, looked at them side by side...and bloody hell. Had that paper been coursework it would be straight to the discipline committee. I have never, ever seen anything like this before. Big chunks of text identical, or as near as. 

The student got a bunch of extra marks for finding that out!

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Swamped in marking at the moment. One assessment I did was ask students to undertake a critical analysis of a published academic journal article. I'm part way through the marking when one student said that the article had copied its text and results from an earlier article. 

No way, I thought. 

So I downloaded both, looked at them side by side...and bloody hell. Had that paper been coursework it would be straight to the discipline committee. I have never, ever seen anything like this before. Big chunks of text identical, or as near as. 

Fascinating!

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

No way, I thought. 

You planning to Lee Wallace the author to the journal?

10 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

You can just change it in settings. A quick google will tell you how.

No quite. It still shrinks to show open pages in a grid instead of just staying open as one or more one swipe to shut down pages. 

Edited by 8MileBU