Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Bairnardo said:

This is going to turn out that a Chinese lad put you in hospital for pulling him up, isn't it?

Fortunately I was already in the hospital, so technically he wouldn't have put me there if that was the case. Which it wasn't. I sparked him clean out. Not really. 

I'm just interested to see Diego Diego's take on how a female should deal with an annoying male. 

Then how would you have dealt with it if he'd said, "Get fucked and mind your own business you cheeky c**t"?
Then you'd be in the same position as if you'd simply given him death stares.

A pretty thing that gets on my nerves is folk only complaining about something when it's too late for action to be taken, or folk moaning but not wanting to do anything to improve the situation. Either do something about it or accept it and move on.

59 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:
Death stares are great, less chance of escalation.

Even less chance of getting what you want. It's a pointless middle ground.

Just admit that a gentle visual nod is better than a verbal and potentially provocative altercation, and we can all move on with our lives. 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Then you'd be in the same position as if you'd simply given him death stares.

In a court of law you probably have a better chance of defence of provocation based on what someone said to you rather than the way they looked at you? Surely?

Can't see someone choking up greeners for an hour being a very reasonable person tbf.
As suggested earlier there are cultural differences. What's perfectly reasonable in one place may not be another.

I was apparently being very rude in China for not slurping my soup. All the death stares in the world wouldn't have had an effect as I had no idea it was deemed uncouth. A simple verbal intervention did the trick though.
Just admit that a gentle visual nod is better than a verbal and potentially provocative altercation, and we can all move on with our lives. 
That's fine to begin with but as you've said it didn't make any difference, so either let it go or give a gentle verbal reminder.
In a court of law you probably have a better chance of defence of provocation based on what someone said to you rather than the way they looked at you? Surely?
No idea why this has suddenly gone to court.

This could also class as a reasons to be cheerful. Get my insurance quote through (multi cover for car and home). Pride has gone up by £100. I phone them up and within 5 mins I have got the price down by £170. I thought there were rules in place whereby you get the best price straight away?

Caught a glimpse of that Tipping point quiz show shite yesterday.

Question: Which member of Nirvanas guitar sold recently for 6 million?

Contestant A answer: Jimi Hendrix.

Contestant B answer: Led Zeppelin.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Caught a glimpse of that Tipping point quiz show shite yesterday.

Question: Which member of Nirvanas guitar sold recently for 6 million?

Contestant A answer: Jimi Hendrix.

Contestant B answer: Led Zeppelin.

Well? Who was right?