Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Folk still insisting on handshakes, get them in the bin. A simple fist bump or a head nod should suffice. Reduces the spread of germs and stops all the hierarchical handshake  nonsense.

You mean offering handshakes or are these people strong arming you into shaking their hand?

I love a handshake, especially of I can accompany it with a hearty back slap or shoulder squeeze.

Hugs are where it's at though.

12 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

🤣🤣 Don't see the issue with them tbh. I prefer a simple 'alright' with a head nod but a fist bump is acceptable also. If it helps bin off handshakes then I'm all for it.

Do you also wear a baseball cap back to front?

24 minutes ago, velo army said:

You mean offering handshakes or are these people strong arming you into shaking their hand?

I love a handshake, especially of I can accompany it with a hearty back slap or shoulder squeeze.

Hugs are where it's at though.

It'd be easier in the bin altogether, folk get a bit arsey when I refuse handshakes and there's still some situations where it's expected. Job interviews for example.

3 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

It'd be easier in the bin altogether, folk get a bit arsey when I refuse handshakes and there's still some situations where it's expected. Job interviews for example.

Aye it sounds a hard one to negotiate if your boundary is something that's been a common social behaviour for the better part of a millennium. 

44 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye it sounds a hard one to negotiate if your boundary is something that's been a common social behaviour for the better part of a millennium. 

He’s one of these guys who will pull out a sword and stab you IMVHO.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That is the image that I will have of GTG_03 every time he posts now.

Actually I will probably have forgotten by tomorrow. :(

It's not far off to be fair and I am of course, down with the kids. 

2 hours ago, velo army said:

Agreed. Things change however and a pandemic that cost millions of lives should be reason enough to bin off unnecessary everyday contact.

17 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Agreed. Things change however and a pandemic that cost millions of lives should be reason enough to bin off unnecessary everyday contact.

Don’t post that in the Covid thread, you’ll get forty red dots!!!

Had a training session on a brand new bit of kit yesterday. Two guys came along to deliver the training - the technical expert, and the sales manager. The technical expert (who was either bored or hungover) did the necessary on showing us how to switch it on and use it, but most of the time was spent by the sales manager trying to convince us to rustle up a few grand for yet more equipment that we don't need.

My approach was to just nod and get it over with, then forget all the sales talk. My colleague - not so much. Told the guy straight that we don't have the money, and don't have the need to try to buy what he's proposing to flog us.