Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 hours ago, milton75 said:

I suppose it's to his credit that this year he's not going for Gerry Cinnamon

I believe the only reason he wasn't on the original line up last year was because he was meant to be playing Hampden around the same time, and wasn't allowed to do both.

54 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Living in 2021 and being woken up by bands marching past my house playing The Sash.

They were in Alloa today too. Two dozen of the most inbred mutants you'll ever see* banging drums in fancy dress to announce their hatred of Kaffliks, all of them shooting the kind of glares at bystanders that can only be mustered from knowing that everybody hates you and wishes you'd f**k off and stop embarrassing Scotland.

Spoiler

* yes, in Alloa how did you notice the difference, ha ha, you're very funny.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Living in 2021 and being woken up by bands marching past my house playing The Sash.

oh i forgot about this, think there are a few today and next weekend,

TIL   Manchester has an Orange Lodge and Parade, {for some reason i thought Liverpool was the only English city the give a f**k about that shite.}

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Adults on motorised scooters.

One of these twats went past me on the pavement and I was in a bad mood so I slapped him. Got away with it by apologising and saying I had been yawning and stretching when he passed.

1) I should be in a career in politics

2) I reckon he could have had me. Narrow escape...

Last minute cancellations. At 4pm we got an email cancelling tonight's Over Lunan event due to "Covid related reasons". So the open air sound & light show which involved walking between the dunes and on the huge Lunan Bay beach is off. It's mildly annoying to me but Mrs SL is like 

505281645_giphy(3).gif.2cf204eda7e3a2dbc855989937165cee.gif

On 12/09/2021 at 11:54, tamthebam said:

One of these twats went past me on the pavement and I was in a bad mood so I slapped him. Got away with it by apologising and saying I had been yawning and stretching when he passed.

1) I should be in a career in politics

2) I reckon he could have had me. Narrow escape...

Do you often attack random folk on the street when you're in a bad mood?

First away trip with work in 18 months for an in-person meeting. It involved a pretty long drive so I left around 14.30pm to stay overnight. Either that or a hellishly early start in the morning, which I can be doing without.

Arrived and checked into hotel. After settling in, switched on my laptop to check my emails since I left early and find one sent at 16.32 saying they've cancelled the meeting, due to "uncertainty over numbers and coronavirus policies limiting attendance". 

An absolute fucking joke. Cancelling with just about zero notice for anyone travelling the night before, and then claiming coz Covid when the meeting organiser is aware of how many people can attend and therefore may limit invitees accordingly. That's before we delve into the capacity restraints when there are no legal restrictions any more as well. 

It's been rescheduled for next week, to be delivered via Teams. Fucking great! Maybe should've just had this one on Teams rather than acting the fucking goat. 

First away trip with work in 18 months for an in-person meeting. It involved a pretty long drive so I left around 14.30pm to stay overnight. Either that or a hellishly early start in the morning, which I can be doing without.
Arrived and checked into hotel. After settling in, switched on my laptop to check my emails since I left early and find one sent at 16.32 saying they've cancelled the meeting, due to "uncertainty over numbers and coronavirus policies limiting attendance". 
An absolute fucking joke. Cancelling with just about zero notice for anyone travelling the night before, and then claiming coz Covid when the meeting organiser is aware of how many people can attend and therefore may limit invitees accordingly. That's before we delve into the capacity restraints when there are no legal restrictions any more as well. 
It's been rescheduled for next week, to be delivered via Teams. Fucking great! Maybe should've just had this one on Teams rather than acting the fucking goat. 
Get hammered, come back tomorrow after the meeting was scheduled and tell the missus it went great.