Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 02/08/2021 at 23:49, welshbairn said:

Fair enough, but you're fine with jokes about murdering kids and prozzies. I see, or rather I don't really..

Just come across your response. Yes, you don't see.

It's not that you joked "about" Hillsborough, it's that you joked that it was a good thing. That was my problem. If anyone had joked that it's good that Yorkshiremen killed children and prostitutes then you'd have a point, but they didn't and you don't.

Edited by GordonS

Pisses me off when footballers gloat in front of opposition supporters after scoring, unless they have some reason. Fine in a derby or if the crowd have been giving them stick, but otherwise, why? Why not go to your own fans? It's worse if the scorer is from a big club and he's scored against a smaller club. Aye mate, cupping your ears like a bellend, you really showed that group of ordinary fans that are here to support their team.

People who stand up incredibly early to get off a train. When coming into Aberdeen I've witnessed people go to the door when we've reached Cove ffs.

Seems to happen here too, a whole 5 minutes or so before we're due to arrive somewhere that you're hardly going to miss unless you're in a coma.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Pisses me off when footballers gloat in front of opposition supporters after scoring, unless they have some reason. Fine in a derby or if the crowd have been giving them stick, but otherwise, why? Why not go to your own fans? It's worse if the scorer is from a big club and he's scored against a smaller club. Aye mate, cupping your ears like a bellend, you really showed that group of ordinary fans that are here to support their team.

Nonsense, these are the best scenes at a football match - football fans frothing at the mouth for absolutely no reason is exactly what we want to see. I think there should be more of this. Give it the big "SSHHH" when you win a throw in. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Nonsense, these are the best scenes at a football match - football fans frothing at the mouth for absolutely no reason is exactly what we want to see. I think there should be more of this. Give it the big "SSHHH" when you win a throw in. 

The game's about opinions Gerry, but yours is wrong. To me this is part of the weird love of "shithousery" that's come into the game. Some arrogant millionaire p***k at the OF trying to wind up a bunch of Ross County fans for no reason is sad AF.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

People who stand up incredibly early to get off a train. When coming into Aberdeen I've witnessed people go to the door when we've reached Cove ffs.

Seems to happen here too, a whole 5 minutes or so before we're due to arrive somewhere that you're hardly going to miss unless you're in a coma.

It's in proportion to the length of the train journey too. On trips to London you see folk getting organised 20 minutes before arrival.

It's pleasing when folk do it in the tunnels before Waverley or Queen St and then the train is held up for 10 minutes. They're left standing like plums looking into darkness and with no phone reception. Almost makes the delay worth it. 

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

The game's about opinions Gerry, but yours is wrong. To me this is part of the weird love of "shithousery" that's come into the game. Some arrogant millionaire p***k at the OF trying to wind up a bunch of Ross County fans for no reason is sad AF.

Pish. Fans give it out but hate taking it back. Your opinion seems an extension of that to me. 

Not sure what relevance the player being a millionaire has to do with it.

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Pish. Fans give it out but hate taking it back. Your opinion seems an extension of that to me. 

Not sure what relevance the player being a millionaire has to do with it.

You've missed my point. I said "unless they have some reason". If the fans haven't been "giving it out" to anyone - which usually only happens in derbies or with certain players - then gloating players are just being total dicks.

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You've missed my point. I said "unless they have some reason". If the fans haven't been "giving it out" to anyone - which usually only happens in derbies or with certain players - then gloating players are just being total dicks.

How would you know what has been said to an OF player during a match with Ross County (as per the example given)? There's thousands at a game and it would only need one of them to shout something horrible for the player to react. I'd be willing to bet that OF players receive more abuse than other players in Scotland.