Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Football teams that play in red AND blue. Just choose one or the other, both are perfectly acceptable. Wearing both just makes a mockery of the sport, the fans and the players. « Come on you reds and blues » sang NOBODY EVER.

ICT, Crystal Palace, FC Basel and the like? Scum. Sub-human scum.

Got on the wrong train at Falkirk after the game yesterday and ended up going back to Dundee via Glasgow. 
But the PTTGOMN was the gadgies in the carriage smoking dope with impunity and not a guard in sight. 
In fact I didn't see a guard for the entire day, four journeys, something like 3 and a half hours on various trains. 

I think they have some kind of agreement the now along the lines of 'if there are more than 17 people on per coach and you don't feel safe (Covid) then you don't have to go through'.

Personally it's just an open ticket for lazy b*****ds to not walk through. Load of nonsense.

19 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The council still requiring photo id to enter the recycling centre. Made a wee bit of sense when brought in last April (the neighbouring council's centres were still closed to prevent outsiders travelling to dispose of their lockdown shite) but absolutely pointless now.

Just makes the whole process slow and cumbersome.

Last time I went I never knew about this and the guy made me rake my rubbish which was mostly cardboard and thankfully still had an address label on it. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Why do you need photo ID at a recycling centre? Never been asked.
I am quite famous though.

"Look lads, its that cement w****r again, wave him through so he doesn't try to give us any of his chat" they'll say as you approach

Fairly close tbf.

36 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Absolutely no idea. When it first came in the neighbouring council's were still closed. I assumed it was to avoid encouraging people to travel (the 5 mile thing was still in place at the time) to dispose of their rubbish.

No idea why it's still in place.

The "Latest Posts" sidebar being filled up with NFL score updates on a Sunday evening. Nobody gives a f**k and if you do you will be watching the games anyway.

I am sure you could minimise this area in a previous version of the board so you didn't need to put up with that pish. Now you don't seem able to

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I stay in Falkirk council area but my nearest tip is in North Lanarkshire and i used to just go there but now they ask for ID,It is all down to who pays for the rubbish disposal.

On 03/10/2021 at 02:15, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Terry was not afraid to make history, here she is exchanging saliva with Susanna Thompson.

See the source image

I am ashamed of myself - absolutely ashamed - that I mentioned Terry Farrell in a message here and dropped the ball on posting an image to go alongside.  Thanks Zen for filling in for me here. 

To make up for it, here are a few...

terry-farrell-back.jpeg

terry-farrell-pretty.jpeg

Terry-Farrell-34.jpeg

185full-terry-farrell.jpg

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I am ashamed of myself - absolutely ashamed - that I mentioned Terry Farrell in a message here and dropped the ball on posting an image to go alongside.  Thanks Zen for filling in for me here. 

To make up for it, here are a few...

terry-farrell-back.jpeg

terry-farrell-pretty.jpeg

Terry-Farrell-34.jpeg

185full-terry-farrell.jpg

Aye you'd give her a reference even if she didn't ask.

On the reference thing, I think a few folk here got the wrong end of the stick - I gave the student a reference and I always was going to. I just wasn't best pleased about the bolt from the blue. 

Only once have I ever not given a reference and that was because I had no idea who this (alleged) student was and couldn't find them in the student records. 

Yesterday I wrote a reference for another student and today filled in a scholarship support statement for another - I do this a lot but think it's just polite to get a heads up.