Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, Shotgun said:

It seems that a certain sector of society take pride in not knowing, or caring about football. Which is fine. What I don't understand is the incessant need to tell football fans this, as if it's something we need to know.

There are lots of things I know absolutely nothing about. There are also lots of things I care absolutely nothing about. Many of these things overlap. I acknowledge there are people who both know about these things and care about them. Yet, I don't feel any need to tell those people that I know absolutely nothing about the things they know about, or care absolutely nothing about the things they care about.

With you there. Some mentalist that a few years ago tried to make fun of the fact Scotland had lost a cricket game to someone. 

Seriously, really???? Cricket??? Scotland??? You're trying to kick my self esteem about a sport I care not one f**k about? Fucking choob 

Similarly, piss takers who don't even have an interest other than piss taking. I'll occasionally engage in some back and forth repartee (I'm trying to avoid using the "b" word as it's a bit Soccer AM for my tastes) with fans of rival teams, and more than happy to get it back.

However, I've known people make the effort to seek me out to take the piss when Villa have lost, then I ask who they support and they say "oh I don't follow a team". Absolute weirdos. If you don't have a dog in the fight, f**k off.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

15 hours ago, Shotgun said:

It seems that a certain sector of society take pride in not knowing, or caring about football. Which is fine. What I don't understand is the incessant need to tell football fans this, as if it's something we need to know.

There are lots of things I know absolutely nothing about. There are also lots of things I care absolutely nothing about. Many of these things overlap. I acknowledge there are people who both know about these things and care about them. Yet, I don't feel any need to tell those people that I know absolutely nothing about the things they know about, or care absolutely nothing about the things they care about.

It’s a bit like the old thing, how do you know when someone doesn’t have a tele? They’ll tell you.

On 17/04/2022 at 13:13, Arch Stanton said:

A grown man who wears dress shoes containing buckles is OFTW...yes, I'm talking about you Darrell Currie.

If you're referring to monk shoes they are perfectly acceptable footwear imo.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If your son or daughter won one of these competitions I'm not sure you'd be saying that. Just the $40m prize pool for last years Dota 2 championship. 

My son is pretty shithot on his computer games - but not in the least bit interested in money.

tbqh I was more talking about the way some talk up esports like football - as if it is something real that will overtake actual guys on a pitch kicking a ball about.

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

My son is pretty shithot on his computer games - but not in the least bit interested in money.

tbqh I was more talking about the way some talk up esports like football - as if it is something real that will overtake actual guys on a pitch kicking a ball about.

Not sure it will overtake football in terms of numbers watching it or prize money but even real life football clubs aren't ignoring this stuff, Wolves for example officially entering players into Rocket League competitions. As each generation of kids come through with new games and consoles it's only going to grow. 

11 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Similarly, piss takers who don't even have an interest other than piss taking. I'll occasionally engage in some back and forth repartee (I'm trying to avoid using the "b" word as it's a bit Soccer AM for my tastes) with fans of rival teams, and more than happy to get it back.

However, I've known people make the effort to seek me out to take the piss when Villa have lost, then I ask who they support and they say "oh I don't follow a team". Absolute weirdos. If you don't have a dog in the fight, f**k off.

I remember when I was at school, the morning after Hibs had lost a fairly important game. Somebody passed my Hibby mate a note which said 2.1 - he didn't even know enough about football to know the proper way to write down a score.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Don't monks wear sandals? 

Thats Jesus, I think you will find...............

Spoiler

I assume we can now take the piss out of religion again now the annual "jesus pushing a chocolate egg down a hill" festival is done?