Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Is it possible to make a toastie in a George Foreman? Remember those things that everyone had before air fryers?

Absolutely; my old bat bought me one despite me being a vegetablist and that was pretty much all it got used for. 

Went to the dentist today. For an appointment I made two months ago. When I got there it turned out she had phoned in sick and I hadn't checked my phone before I left so I didn't get the message. The next appointment I could get is in November. Oh and I walked there. About an hour and a half. And I turned down a shift at work because I had this appointment. And it turns out Maw Sanchez has an appointment with the same dentist tomorrow and she's just told me that she's had a call to say the dentist is back then.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Went to the dentist today. For an appointment I made two months ago. When I got there it turned out she had phoned in sick and I hadn't checked my phone before I left so I didn't get the message. The next appointment I could get is in November. Oh and I walked there. About an hour and a half. And I turned down a shift at work because I had this appointment. And it turns out Maw Sanchez has an appointment with the same dentist tomorrow and she's just told me that she's had a call to say the dentist is back then.

I managed to get a November appointment for a routine check-up back in June. I was due one in 2019 and I've been calling them every few months since.

However, they do offer emergency tooth extraction as a solution to literally any issue, from a broken filling to an abscess, so that's nice.

26 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I managed to get a November appointment for a routine check-up back in June. I was due one in 2019 and I've been calling them every few months since.

However, they do offer emergency tooth extraction as a solution to literally any issue, from a broken filling to an abscess, so that's nice.

I ended up walking 15 miles today, so at least if all my teeth fall out I'm unlikely to get fat.

31 minutes ago, BTFD said:

We were meant to have our routine check-ups at the beginning of August but had to cancel due to illness. We got new appointments for a couple of weeks later (last week), had the check-ups and now have appointments for next routine check-up next February. I guess it looks like I'm lucky with the dentist we are with.

9 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Just went to buy a bag of crisps and the vending machine refuses to work.

I'll raise you. 

When Covid struck, the uni emptied and switched off all the vending machines here.

Last year they turned back on about a quarter of them. If I want vending machine crisps, I have to walk for about 10 minutes past a whole row of empty machines to find a machine that is stocked. And it's the one nearest the shop. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I'll raise you. 

When Covid struck, the uni emptied and switched off all the vending machines here.

Last year they turned back on about a quarter of them. If I want vending machine crisps, I have to walk for about 10 minutes past a whole row of empty machines to find a machine that is stocked. And it's the one nearest the shop. 

That must really cut into your P&B posting time.

19 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Buying a 'fancy' loaf only to find a big air pocket inside, making one's toast resemble swiss cheese.

Expect me to feature in the Compo Faces thread sometime soon.

Silly boy............it's a training aid to enable the kids to get into caving in a gentle and safe way.

12 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Silly boy............it's a training aid to enable the kids to get into caving in a gentle and safe way.

Makes sense to use bread as training for an adventure into the upper crust, otherwise you might end up toast.