Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I have my lunch before the game, dinner when I get home - I wouldn't normally have a pie at 3:45 in the afternoon.

That's my thinking too.  Even if I'm on an all dayer I have my lunch in the pub and my tea when I'm back there after the game or I get a Ron's Meals or kebab when I'm going home

Just now, TheScarf said:

That's my thinking too.  Even if I'm on an all dayer I have my lunch in the pub and my tea when I'm back there after the game or I get a Ron's Meals or kebab when I'm going home

Don't you find that kebabs repeat on you?

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

Don't you find that kebabs repeat on you?

Nah the booze soaks them up quite well.  I don't see them again until the next morning, if you receive me.

5 hours ago, GHF-23 said:

Add to this people whose only understanding of healthcare operating models is OOR NHS vs EVIL AMERICAN BANKRUPTCY MEDICINE - as if there are not countries throughout Europe with largely better outcomes who have something between those two. 

I would suggest anyone that thinks that any country with any form of universal healthcare is in any way closer to the American model than the NHS is delusional. The American model is a profit driven, multi-million person employing racket that the mafia would be proud of…and I speak of it as a user of the f**ked up thing for nearly 50 years now.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

I would suggest anyone that thinks that any country with any form of universal healthcare is in any way closer to the American model than the NHS is delusional. The American model is a profit driven, multi-million person employing racket that the mafia would be proud of…and I speak of it as a user of the f**ked up thing for nearly 50 years now.

The point I was making is that the choice is not pure binary, I have no doubt having used European healthcare systems that they are far closer to ours - further, I am saying that Universal Healthcare can be provided in a way that is not exactly following the NHS model. That is my preference, but I have to be realistic about the political and economic system we have lived in for the past 45 years, and think that some sort of hybrid or otherwise differential approach may work better while providing universal, low cost healthcare with better outcomes than the currently cratering NHS. 

1 minute ago, GHF-23 said:

The point I was making is that the choice is not pure binary, I have no doubt having used European healthcare systems that they are far closer to ours - further, I am saying that Universal Healthcare can be provided in a way that is not exactly following the NHS model. That is my preference, but I have to be realistic about the political and economic system we have lived in for the past 45 years, and think that some sort of hybrid or otherwise differential approach may work better while providing universal, low cost healthcare with better outcomes than the currently cratering NHS. 

Absolutely. My concern for the NHS going forward is the blind stampede of Conservatives suggesting privatization and such. They’re intent, it seems, upon moving the entire system from public to private under the flag of competition and efficiency, and that’s an absolute myth.

There is nothing efficient about the millions of employees of the medical companies and insurers that run the system in the American style. Video after video showing people in the UK/Europe hearing the costs of American healthcare should be enough to cause riots when they suggest privatization.

It seems clear that the steady addition/expansion of privatization as a support layer to the NHS and as an option for those with the money is simply a reflection of continuing attempts to deflect from the chronic underfunding of the NHS by mainly Conservative governments, but the others are not exempt from blame either.

The disheartening thing about privatization in the UK is it appears to take the worst of the NHS, and mixes it with the worst of the U.S. model, rather than the best from each. The wait times are superior, but still lengthy by U.S. standards…the costs are low by U.S. standards, but (obviously) high compared to NHS care.

The resulting mishmash doesn’t incentivize the medical professionals with increased compensation (as in the U.S.) as a way to keep costs down…but as a knock on effect of that, the load taken off the NHS is lower than it could be, resulting in less savings than “budgeted” and down another spiral the system goes.

5 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I've just come home and my wife is watching Sunshine Getaways With Amanda Lamb. SUNSHINE GETAWAYS. It's in Edinburgh!

It's sunnier than Glasgow. Mainly because the bloody wind blows the rain away. 

This is more than petty but couldn't think of another thread to post it.

Thinking that white, cis, heterosexual men are 'the standard'/'to be expected' and that anything else is 'pandering' or 'ticking a box' or any other ludicrous shit.

33 minutes ago, 101 said:

People who clap when they laugh gets on my nerves.

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

Arseholes like this.

To me it's a tell that they're mostly putting on an act of being amused rather than genuinely being amused (with the exception of when applause is expected, like a stand up show).

The wee shitey stickers you get in a cheapo surprise egg for kids. Won't stick to anything he wants it to stick to (his t-shirt, a bit of paper, one of his toys) causing a mini meltdown, but suddenly takes on superglue like properties when stuck to something I'd rather it wasn't stuck to (doors, skirting boards, carpets, my socks).