Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Folk who ask you to ask somebody a question then when you give them the answer go and do what they wanted to in the first place even though that's the opposite of the answer you gave. 

If you aren't interested in the answer, don't ask the question in the first place! 

12 hours ago, mathematics said:

Smoke alarm battery warning beep. 1.30am. Problem is, it took me about 10 minutes to work out which one of the seven alarms it was.

Locate said beeping unit, uninstall it, remove the dying battery and mail the alarm and battery to @RH33 so she can toss it under her neighbours settee with the battery reinstalled. That’ll puzzle them a fair bit.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Locate said beeping unit, uninstall it, remove the dying battery and mail the alarm and battery to @RH33 so she can toss it under her neighbours settee with the battery reinstalled. That’ll puzzle them a fair bit.

I saw a thing - about the size of a thumbnail consisting of a watch battery, a wee bit circuit board and a wee loudspeaker. Designed to be easily hidden, it emits a beep at random intervals from 1 minute to 12 hours. I want some! It would drive folk daft trying to find it.

Forgotten where I saw it though 🙁

13 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I saw a thing - about the size of a thumbnail consisting of a watch battery, a wee bit circuit board and a wee loudspeaker. Designed to be easily hidden, it emits a beep at random intervals from 1 minute to 12 hours. I want some! It would drive folk daft trying to find it.

Forgotten where I saw it though 🙁

Mrs Mathematics left one of those in a busy office at work.

When someone gives you a bottle of port for christmas, and then the cork falls apart when you open it as its obviously been sitting upright in their cupboard for 10 years and dried out.

Having to decant it through a sieve, clean the bottle then find another feckin cork.......

Season 2 Smh GIF by The Lonely Island

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

When someone gives you a bottle of port for christmas, and then the cork falls apart when you open it as its obviously been sitting upright in their cupboard for 10 years and dried out.

Having to decant it through a sieve, clean the bottle then find another feckin cork.......

Season 2 Smh GIF by The Lonely Island

Christmas is a wonderful time to get rid of random shit out of your cupboard by giving it to someone else though.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Christmas is a wonderful time to get rid of random shit out of your cupboard by giving it to someone else though.

You are not wrong - I am more annoyed at myself for being a greedy bugger and not just lying it on its side for a week to get some moisture back in.

Delaying buying the final couple of presents for people you weren't expecting to see until the middle of January, finding out they're doing a flying visit tomorrow morning, realising you HAVE TO go shopping to buy their presents today, looking out the window and seeing that it is pishing down.

Merry Humbug.